Chapter 10

It's Not That You Should Care

Romeo's POV

I'm a fight with myself to myself till I'm bleeding

The music in my headphones drowned them out, and everyone and everything, and Lily. Well, it didn't quite drown out Lily. My thoughts of her, anyways. 

Just a taste of your skin starts the healing 

Maybe I was a little obsessed, but I was determined not to be. I didn't want the guilt of her face to eat me up. But her presence swallowed me whole every time I was around her and I didn't like it. The tears ran down my face as I tried to force them back.

Anyone from my past, get your ammo. 

I let out a pathetic sob as I heard the faint yells of my parents. I never minded when they left. But when she left...

Find my sun in the dark side of my shadow

But when she left...

This

Love

Found 

Us

Now 

Seee

Itttt

This 

Love

Up

Down

Please Believe

I started the song over again, waiting for it to hurt me again.

She was built with a brain

And some swagger

A little scream, little cry, 

Little laughter

She's a ten, 

I'm a joke in my own mind 

But she still loves to dance 

With my punch lines

I chuckled bitterly. The song continued, my heart squeezing with every word. 

Ohh, it's not that you should care... I just wanted you to know

I let out another pitiful sob, my body shaking. I didn't think this song would ever make me cry... I just watched my father cry when he heard it. I thought it was disgusting... he was crying over someone like... Mom. I vowed to myself I would never get hurt like that.

Or fall in love.

God, am I a mess right now. I wish I'd never met her. I wish her ex-boyfriend could've been faithful- so we'd never have met. So I could be doing a chick right now, not crying over an AWOLNATION song. And a girl. A girl that is right out of my reach. I miss her so much already. 

I want to hold her, I want to curl her short brown hair around my fingers. I want to hear her laugh. I want to hear her voice. I want to hear her talk about anything and everything. I want her to tell me her secrets, I want her to show me the songs she listens to. I want to stare at me with her adorable smile, look at me and say, "Romeo, I lo-" NO! I can't think like that! 

I hate her. I hate everything she's done to me. I hate her sexy body and I hate her gorgeous smile and her beautiful dimples- I'm getting ahead of myself. Damn it. I will not give in. I will NOT give in! No! No no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!

Lilian Paris Harrington will never be mine. And I sure as hell will never be hers. No. She doesn't own me, damn it. DAMN IT!

I turned off the music and wiped the shameful tears off of my cheeks. 

I got up off of my bed and threw my headphones on my bed. 

I picked up my phone and dialed Ashley Thompson's number. 

"Romeo!" Her high-pitched voice annoyed me, but I put up with it.

"Can I meet you at your house in ten?" 

"Whatever you want, big boy." I could feel her flirtatious wink and I rolled my eyes.

"Yep. See you." I hung up. 

There was only one way to get over a breakup in my book. 

Get. Laid. 

-*-*-------------------------------*--*--*--------------------------------*-*-

Toodles!

Marceline!