Chapter 15

PhotoRae Jleigh84 caught y'all. This chapter is dedicated to two very silent but knowing supporters I've known for a long time. 

The Lady in My Life 

Lily's POV 

"Yes." 

His eyes lit up. "Really?" His voice came out more hoarse than I think he intended it to. "Yeah, why not?" I shrugged, but inside I was ecstatic. A boyfriend! When was the last time I had one of those? 

He hugged me so hard it was hard to breathe. "You're mine," He whispered, not possessively for once. "Yep." I whispered back, though barely from how hard he was squeezing me. "You're mine." He said again, firmly. "You betcha." I hardly managed to squeak out. He suddenly let me go. "I'm sorry," he breathed out. He ran his hands through his dark hair and I think I saw his brown eyes watering slightly. "Romeo?" I asked softly, concerned. "You're mine!" He said for the third time. However this time he sounded overjoyed and euphoric. "Yes I am." I said, my cheeks turning light pink. 

"Well, anyway," he said, slightly embarrassed. "Here's your grilled cheese." He handed me a plate. I smiled at him and walked into the dining room with him behind me. I sat at one of the chairs. The table was a long, oval one. It was so long (like some things) that it felt awkward that only two people were sitting at it. 

The room was large, but not too large. It was only big enough to fit the table, chairs and then space to get out and around the room. Romeo sat right next to me. Since the room was pretty good I could only imagine the acoustics. "WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!" I sang out to the room and it echoed wonderfully. "I didn't know you could sing, babygirl." He said, smiling. I shrugged. "I never took classes, I was just a natural I suppose." I didn't try to deny it; I knew I was pretty good. "You could be the next Ariana Grande." He flirted with me. "The next Ariana Grande? Please. She's still all high and mighty right now, she's not coming down for a while." 

"I could be the next Diana Ross." I sighed wistfully. When I turned to look at him his nose was scrunched up in distaste. "Oh please, 'You Can't Hurry Love'. You'll be the next Ariana Grande, baby." He took a sip of water and I squealed, grabbing a hold of his arm. "How do you know who Diana Ross is?" I asked him curiously, poking his side. He swatted my hand away and I swore I saw his cheeks tinge a light pink. 

"I might have- dug- a little and found some of your music. I listened to it and taught myself some stuff." He admitted sheepishly. I smiled so big I thought my face would break. "So what's your favorite?" I asked him curiously, my smile ever so bigger. "Come a Little Bit Closer by Jay & The Americans." He admitted sheepishly. "You?" He fired the question back. "I couldn't tell you, there's so many good ones." I said, taking a bite of the delicious grilled cheese. "But you know what would definitely be in my top 5?" He hummed, telling me he was listening. "We Can Work it Out by The Beatles. It's a singing song." I said, looking over at him. "Hmm, play it for me hon." 

I fished looked in the pockets of his hoodie and groaned. "I think I left it in your room I'll be right back." I hopped up the steps to his room and walked in, only to see a dark silhouette of a man against his window. I screamed and rushed down the stairs, grabbing my phone off of his nightstand quickly. I rushed into the dining room, into Romeo's awaiting arms. "S-Someone w-was i-in your r-room." I stuttered. 

He let out a relieved sigh. "Lily, you scared me." I shook against him, still quivering in fear and wondering why the hell he wasn't absolutely terrified. "GREY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Romeo called up the stairs and a deep laugh came from his room before he was in the dining room. Greyson Kelly. 

"Your face was priceless, Lilian." Grey laughed. "You scared the shit out of my girlfriend here, Grey." Romeo growled at him. Grey's shocked eyes went between me and Romeo. "Girlfriend? Wow okay. I was just here to deliver news from Jose but since you two are, um, busy," the playful grin on his face gave away the double meaning. "I'll be on my way." 

"You damn right you will! Come back tomorrow." Romeo muttered angrily, and we both sat back down. "So are you going to show me that song or what?" Romeo asked, taking another bite of the delectable sandwich. "Sure." I answered, still shaken up. 

-*-*-------------------------*--*--*--------------------------*-*-

Sorry for the short chapter, a certain SOMEONE was begging for an update (you know who you are) 

Why was Jose suddenly reaching out to Romeo? 

Why didn't Grey use the door like a normal person XD? 

Toodles, 

Marceline!