thirteen.

1919

Eden woke up with a heavy arm wrapped around her waist and her legs tangled with Tommy's. It was still early in the morning - but the sun was out and streaming through the window softly. Eden's eyes drifted up to Tommy's face - he was still asleep and had never looked so relaxed. Eden ran one hand along his chest and up to his cheek, tracing up and over his cheek bones and the bridge of his nose, appreciating the man in front of her.

There air was cold through the apartment, and Eden curled her toes under when she hopped out of bed, making her way into the kitchen. Putting the kettle on to boil, Eden looked back towards Tommy who was still sprawled out across her bed. Smiling fondly at the man she loved.

Eden wrapped her arms around herself, fingering at the fraying wool of her sweater. Her legs were cold, exposed under her short slip. A sharp whistle pierced through Eden's thoughts, and she moved quickly to remove the kettle from the heat - hoping she hadn't woken up Tommy. With a quick glance she assured herself he was still asleep, and poured two cups of boiling tea.

What caught her eye suddenly, was a blue velvet box that resided on the bench next to her. The blue velvet box from last night.

Eden put down her cup of tea, her trembling hands reaching out to the box and opening it. The gold wedding band stared back at her - Eden reached out one finger and traced carefully around the band. The small band in the box represented everything that Eden had hoped for in her life with Tommy.

Hands came around Eden's waist, making her jump slightly. When she felt the warmth of Tommy's chest press against her back, she relaxed back into him. Tommy's head dropped, pressing a kiss to Eden's shoulder. "Morning angel," he murmured against her skin.

Eden let her head rest back onto his shoulder, still playing with the box in her hands. "You can still say yes you know." Tommy continued, peppering kisses along Eden's neck. "Please say yes." He whispered.

Eden shivered, and turned around in his arms - a soft smile coming across her face taking in the sleepy boy in front of her. His hair was ruffled and with the morning light Eden could make out the faint freckles across his cheeks. Eden ran her hand down his chest, enjoying how Tommy tensed underneath her touch, tracing over the tattoo on his chest. Pressing a light kiss to the tattoo, Tommy gently gripped her chin in his hand - guiding her lips to his.

When they parted, Eden stepped even closer into Tommy's arms. "I never said no," she whispered, knowing that he could hear her.

"Is that a yes?" Tommy whispered back his voice uncharacteristically hopeful and his hand gently rubbing circles onto the small of her back.

Eden paused. She tried to think more about the potential of marrying Tommy - weighing up the pros and cons, but nothing came to mind. Nothing came to mind, because Eden already knew that she was going to be with Tommy for the rest of her life whether they got married or not. There was nothing to consider or think about, she had already decided this long ago.

"Yes." Eden murmured, pressing another kiss to Tommy's skin. Tommy pulled back from her - "you serious?"

Eden giggled, "if you'll have me?" She suddenly felt shy again. Like she was 16 years old again when Tommy had asked her to a dance.

A big smile broke across Tommy's face, his hands tightening around her waist as he lifted her up and swung her around. Eden was laughing and the Tommy hadn't felt this happy in a long time.

Setting her back down on her feet, Tommy kissed her fully on the mouth - the two smiling into the kiss, their noses bumping into each other.

Eden pulled back suddenly, "if you ever walk out like that again," Eden never finished her sentence as Tommy interrupted - "I promised angel, I will never do that again. It's us against the world."