seventeen.

1919

Tommy lay in bed, watching the light stream through the window Eden had tried to cover with a light cloth. The cloth filtered the light to a soft glow, and cast a warmth over the room. There was a weight on Tommy's chest, and for the first time in a long time - he was content with it. Eden lay curled up on him, her hair splayed out over the bed and Tommy's hand gently drawing shapes over her exposed back.

"Tommy?" Eden murmured, still drowsy with sleep, her hand tightening around Tommy's bicep.

"I'm here Angel," Tommy whispered, kissing her head and brushing some hair out of her eyes.

Tommy felt himself smile as he watched Eden crack one eye open and look up at him. "Morning Angel" Tommy whispered again, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to Eden's lips.

"Do we have to get up?" Eden groaned, curling even tighter around Tommy's body.

"If you keep doing that Angel, something will definitely be getting up." Tommy responded cheekily. Eden blushed, and went to move away - Tommy was faster, tightening his grip around her and rolling them so he was above her.

"I love you so much Eden." He whispered, pressing another kiss to her lips. Eden's hand came up to steady him and tapped a finger gently against his cheek. "I love you more Tommy." Eden replied, watching Tommy laugh.

"Not possible Angel." The couple smiled at each other, exchanging sweet kisses. "One day," Tommy started throwing back the covers and started get dressed, "we won't have to get up and we will be able to lie in bed all morning."

Eden propped herself up so she was sitting up right, one arm tightly holding the sheets to her chest - enjoying the sight of Tommy making tea and feeling a rush of want for domesticity. "Is that a promise?" Eden teased.

Tommy made his way back towards Eden, his eyes drinking in the warmth and comfort of seeing her tucked in bed. Her arms bare, and her hair messy flowing all over. He would give anything to wake up to this sight every morning.

"I promise angel," Tommy held her face gently with both hands, kissing her lightly - "I'll even make you breakfast in bed."

Eden smiled, watching Tommy wander back to the kitchen, her hand gently twisting the ring on her finger. This was the life she wanted.

——

By the time Tommy and Eden were ready for the day, they had organised a plan. Tommy needed to check on the cache of weapons buried in place of Danny Whizzbang, and Eden was going to go to the Garrison to talk to Grace.

What had started as a good day had quickly taken a turn for the worst. Both Eden and Tommy knew it was only a matter of time before the weapons were found and Campbell was onto them even more closely than before.

Tommy had taken Finn to the gravestones at the request of Eden who wanted to get Finn out of the town and away from the danger as much as possible. Tommy swore profusely at the sight of the empty grave, breathing heavily through a cigarette.

"Tommy?" Finn asked, running up to his older brother, "can we go see Eden now?"

Tommy looked at his younger brother - so eager and ready to be apart of the world that he had worked so hard to keep him out of. Tommy just nodded, "let's go see Eden." He agreed, tugging his hat down tighter over his head.

The storm was coming.

———

Eden had arrived at the Garrison with the intention to talk to Grace - however the Garrison was busy with a lot of unfamiliar faces, so Eden spent her day tucked into a corner reading.