fifteen.

I wasn't as happy with the last chapter, but I will hopefully edit that soon! I hope this chapter is better :)

1919

Tommy had disappeared already by the time Eden woke up. He had left her a quick note on the kitchen table, telling her that he had business to sort out and he would see her tonight.

Eden had expect him to be distant considering the events that had occurred over the past few days. Eden got dressed slowly, pondering over everything that had happened. She stood for a few moments in the middle of her apartment, staring at the ring on her hand watching it catch the light. Sighing, Eden slipped on a warm coat - Birmingham had taken a turn for even colder weather - and paused again, the bottle of cordial sitting out on the counter, taunting her.

Eden grit her teeth, collecting her bag and rushed through her front door - slamming it behind her.

———

Grace was unsure of where she lay in the grand scheme taking place in Small Heath. Tommy had employed her a few days ago and she took that as a sign that he trusted her, and as much as she hated to admit it - she felt at home in Small Heath.

Grace tried to busy herself with the books in the office fo the Garrison. Along with Tommy employing her, she had become more involved with the in's and out's of the Garrison's accounts. Campbell had been impressed when she told him, praising and congratulating her efforts of infiltrating the Peaky Blinders - but it didn't sit right. Nothing had sat right since the night she saw Eden and Tommy comforting each other in the Garrison. There was nothing right about destroying something as beautiful and pure as the love the two shared.

Last night after Polly had stormed into the Garrison - Grace had gone home and thrown up in panic. She used to have panic induced spells of sickness as a child and they hadn't happened for a long time. Grace had felt guilt rip through her at the thought that because of her, a family had been torn apart.

Campbell had visited her that night as well, breaking protocol, informing Grace that she had to get to Eden. That Eden was the way to breaking the Peaky Blinders apart.

Even now, having had Tommy come in and tell her the exact date they were making a move on Kimber and asking Arthur questions about their business, Grace still felt nauseous.

She had been sitting in the office for a while, staring out the window and thinking about how she had gotten into this mess. The sky had darkened earlier now with the change in seasons, and Grace finally pushed herself out of the chair - heading behind the bar to prepare some things for opening tomorrow.

There was quiet knock on the door to the Garrison - and Grace hated that the first thought that ran through her mind was that it was Tommy.

Grace headed towards the door, unlocking it and standing back in surprise at the arrival of Eden on her doorstep.

Eden looked up at the other girl, her green eyes flashing with the light emitted from the Garrison. Nothing was said between the two girls, Grace standing back from the door - inviting Eden in.

Eden sat down on one of the bar stools, watching as Grace poured two glasses of whisky.

"Thank you" Eden finally said, nursing one of the glasses in her hands gently. Watching as Grace took a big gulp of hers. They both knew what this meeting was about.

"Grace," Eden started, surprising Grace with how soft her voice sounded.

Grace just looked at her, her other hand inching towards the small gun nestled under the bar.

"Why do you hate the Shelby's so much?" Eden asked suddenly. Staring at the blonde girl with wide eyes peering over her glass.

"I, I don't." Grace stuttered out, thrown off guard by Eden's question.