Chapter 22

(Double update coz y not? Enjoy!)

Pagkatapos naming mag babad sa araw at maligo sa dagat ay nag desisyon kaming pumasyal sa malapit na pamilihan ng mga gamit o souvenir shop.

The ride was 30 minutes long although we don't really mind since kailangan na rin namin mag pa gas.

We entered this souvenir shop, there are keychains, dresses, t-shirts and shorts here. There are also hats and bikinis dahil may malapit na resort dito.

There are couple mugs and pastries here for pasalubong, everything looks so beautiful here but what caught my eye was beyond beautiful.

At the top of the counter, there is one remaining hair bow hanging in the the rack.

I walked towards the counter where there is an old lady behind it smiling at the customer.

When I was in front of the counter I instantly touched the hair bow, its color was brown and has small white flowers in it. It looks so beautiful, but it will be more beautiful if Catherine will wear it.

"Magandang hapon, hija. Na tipuhan mo ba 'yan?" I looked at her and smiled still touching the hair bow.

"Naku, mukhang bagay sa'yo, bakit hindi mo subukan?" Naka ngiting bati sa'kin ng matandang babae. She has dimples that are not too visible anymore, her smile lines made her look more gorgeous.

I smiled at her suddenly sensing warmth radiating off of her. I remembered her my lola, she has that smile too that is so contagious.

She took care of me when I was just 5 years old, she spoiled with sweets and cute dresses. She has a big heart when it comes to her grandchildren. But she died when I was just nine years old. I missed her warm cookies and night time stories..

I shook my head, "Uh, Actually, hindi ho para sa akin."

"Ganoon ba? Maaari ko bang malaman kung para kanino?" She asked with a rough voice still smiling.

I looked around to find her and there she is, standing in front of the souvenirs in the shop looking as beautiful as ever wearing dark green swing vintage dress. We were like a 1950s couple in New York City with our dresses and it really matches our surrounding because everything looks so ancient here.

Sinundan ng matanda ang tingin ko,  nang makita n'ya si Catherine ay agad na lumapad and ngiti nya, bumaling sya ng tingin sa akin tsaka ako nag salita, "Sa tingin ko, mas babagay ho sa kanya." I smiled shyly, my heart warmed inside at the thought of her.

"Walang duda, hija. Napaka ganda n'ya." Smiling, I nodded at her. "Bibilhin ko po, 'wag n'yo na pong balutin."

Pagkatapos mag bayad ay akma na akong aalis ngunit agad n'yang hinawakan ang kamay ko at nag salita, "Piliin mo laging maging masaya, hija." I looked at her with confusion but she continued anyway, "Nakikita kong malalim ang nararamdaman mo sa kanya. Mali man sa paningin ng iba, piliin mo laging mag mahal at makasama s'ya." She smiled at me warmly squeezing my hand silently saying that I should be with her.

I don't know what came in her mind that she suddenly said that, but I badly needed those words and I didn't expect it from a stranger.

"Maraming salamat ho. Makakaasa po kayo.." I squeezed back her hand and proceeded to walk towards her with the hair bow in my hand.

When she saw me, her pupils dilated, her face suddenly glow at the sight of me and I know, I was too.

"May na pili kana?" I asked holding the hair bow behind my back. "Actually, none. But let us look at some other stores." I nodded at her and she walked outside. I looked back at the old lady and found that she was looking at us with with a smile in her face I suddenly winked at her and mouthed a "thank you"