。♡21♡。 Comforted

Jungkook's perspective

The rush around me finally became equitable. For as long as his hands were intertwined with me, my heartbeats got stable. The throbbing turned into steady beating now. Now not only breezes were there to accompany me but he was too.

My eyes were not leaving him any second, was this real? Not just a dream or any halicunation? As unpredicted as it was, as unbelievable it was.

I saw his eyes landing on me and he let his hand go now, getting engaged in the kids who were waiting desperately for the suspense to be over, did rabbit win or tortoise?

"Aigoo, my apology. I left in a hurry. Okay let me complete the story for you." He informed the toddlers in the class who yayed joyfully.

"Jungkook…" he whispered my name softly, his voice ringing in my head like a melody.

"Why don't you join us?" He spoke, offering me to sit between the children who just nervously moved away and a little girl, named Lily if I'm sure, tried to hide herself behind Taehyung's legs.

"Aigoo, he is my friend, don't be scared of him." He said comforting words and I smiled sheepishly, trying to make them believe that I was of no harm.

"Okay, I'll complete this story for you." I offered enthusiastically, taking the tales book in my hands before reciting them in a fun-filled manner and in a while, I found myself being surrounded by the children all over.

"And in the end, the tortoise won. The moral of the story is that, slow and steady wins the race." I closed the book and children clapped their tiny hands for me.

"Thank you." I said to the children who seemed to enjoy my story and I could feel a pair of eyes on me, gently admiring with tiny droplets of tears on the edges of his eyes.

"Tae…" I whispered softly and he quickly averted his gaze, wiping his eyes.

"I guess you really enjoyed this story by him, huh?" He asked children who yayed joyfully and Taehyung smiled at them.

"Time for lunch." One of the caretakers exclaimed as he approached us in the class and kids yelled again before the caretaker asked them to be in a line to walk out in discipline.

"Ah, I, I actually forgot about St. Jung." I spoke to him as the thought struck my mind and he nodded.

"Okay let me take you to him."

🌸🌸🌸

We were literally fooling each other. Pretending as if things were settled, as if he and I were known to each other and there was no gap of years between our rendezvouses. 

This was frustrating me. I had things to say, I had so much to ask and clear things up but he seemed to be comfortable in this act of pretending.