。♡28♡。 Reckoning

Jungkook's perspective

Now I found myself walking back and forth in an empty corridor of a hospital, eyes filled with constant tears and heart with constant fear.

I finally shifted my body on the bench besides Jimin who instantly rubbed my shaking back when I broke down in tears and then my eyes caught father running to our side with an astonished expression worn on his face.

And it didn't take him even a minute to read our faces to learn the situation. Yoongi quickly helped the father sitting who was now panicking, making my pain go worse.

He sat down, holding his shaking knees and the way tears scrolled down his wrinkled cheeks gave me a sense of pity but at the moment I wasn't even able to hold myself.

My eyes squeezed to slide down the salty tears out of them. His scene continuously played inside my head, breaking my inner self more and more.

His fragile frame collapsed in my arms and I held onto it as if I would lose my everything if I let him go. 

The last thing he uttered was my name when his eyes closed and my heart skipped a beat. It was another experience of a nightmare that I never wanted to witness.

I blamed my mouth to utter those words because every time it was me and my words only to have him in my arms this way and now I was drowning in a deep lament that all I wished was to turn back time again.

🌸🌸🌸

I rested my head against the wall, my tears went dry and sniffles started fading away. The moment seemed endless with the agitation fighting against my will but I had to stay still for him.

"Jungkook…" Jimin whispered softly, kneeling in front of me to peak to check my face when I hung my head low.

He passed me a water bottle but I needed nothing but assurity about him and suddenly I saw a ray of hope. 

The doctor stepped out, removing his glasses as his coat hung on his forearm when his eyes landed on us. 

I quickly stood up, facing him with glistening eyes and he patted my shoulder.

"I-is he okay? Doctor? Is he alright? Tell me, is he okay?" I repeated as I wandered my eyes on his expressions but he just sighed, adding to my anxiety and I gulped.

"After checking the reports and after examining him, it's so obvious that He is suffering from epilepsy."

"E-epilepsy?" And I held the wall for support as if I would end on the floor the next second.

"Please don't worry." He whispered and I just took a deep breath.

"Will he be alright? Will he be okay?" I continuously asked and Jimin rubbed my back, asking questions on my behalf instead now.