Chapter 1: New Meetings and New Friends

In a hidden meeting place somewhere... 

"You called for us, Ursa?" 

Two boys and one girl stood attentively before Ursa Major, a tall and imposing woman who was usually the spokesperson for Sun and Moon. "Yes. We have another mission for you." 

"What will we be doing this time?" Gemini inquired eagerly. "I see that I'm here, so perhaps it's something sneaky?" 

Ursa smiled. "In a way. For this mission, you must go undercover at-" she checked the IDs in her hand- "-Starshine Academy. Attending there is a boy named Taurus. We've been looking into his data and it says that he could be an extremely powerful individual, although we do not know his ability. Please find him and bring him to us, whatever means possible. It will be very, very bad if someone finds him before us." 

"I guess that's why I'm here," Virgo muttered. 

"So we'll be sneaking in?" Aquarius confirmed. 

"Correct. Capricorn has already forged Student IDs for you so you should be able to blend in well enough." Ursa passed the IDs to them. "We're trusting you with this. And remember-do not let others fool you. Stay in character." 

------------------------------------

Taurus POV 

"Taurus!" I turned around and smiled when I saw Leo behind me, grinning. "Hey Leo." 

"Hey yourself!" He frowned when he saw my long ponytail. "I thought you cut it?" 

I smiled sheepishly. "It grows fast, what can I say?" 

"Oh yeah, and did you hear? We've got three new transfer students attending as of today!" Leo said excitedly. "Word is that they're lookers, too." 

"You know I'm not into that kind of stuff. Besides, don't you already have a horde of girls following you 24/7?" 

Leo sighed. "Geez, man, aren't you even the least bit interested? They're new. And they came in the middle of the school year. Plus I hear one of them is a child prodigy!" 

"All right, we can check them out during break, okay?" I said. "Now hurry, we'll both be late to class!" 

"Fine, fine," Leo said, grinning. "See ya later." 

"Bye." I entered the classroom and took a seat at the back of the class, as usual. 

I wonder... who are the new people really? 

Aquarius POV

"Okay, guys, because we're attending school, unfortunately we'll be split for most of the day," I said. "There's no picture of him, but Ursa said he has long brown hair and gold eyes. That shouldn't be that difficult." 

Gemini flipped her hair and winked. "Got it! Just leave it to me!" 

"Hey, I can do things too," Virgo protested. 

"Stop arguing already and get to class," I said, rubbing my temples. "Or we'll be late."

"'Kay! Bye!" 

"See you later." 

Once they'd left, I took a moment to think over what we were supposed to do. I was wearing a relatively casual outfit-a white button-down shirt, black tie and gray pants-but I was also armed with a bunch of secret weapons. 

If what Ursa told us is true, I reflected, pushing open the door, I wonder. Will his ice be like mine? 

I took a seat and opened the school handbook, skimming through it just for the sake of politeness. It wouldn't be good manners to destroy the school.