Chapter 8: Rules & Virtual World (Part One)

Chapter Dedication to @iamconfusion34 for figuring out that the moral of the story is: 

Don't trust Aries and Sag in the kitchen. 

That's one of the morals, anyway. There's a different one for each chapter and one big one for the entire story, as you figure them out I'll dedicate. 

Now, the story. 

(P.S. It's the weekend currently. Sunday)

---------------------------------------------

Nobody POV

"So what did you call us here for?" 

The zodiacs were seated in front of Ursa. She'd summoned them there that morning with a note in their respective room saying, "Come to the main hall at 9:00 a.m. I have something to tell you and a surprise!"

"Well," Ursa said seriously. "You are all now officially zodiacs. And you understand the main rules  of being a zodiac and what we are built on doing, but the one thing you have not been instructed in are the rules." 

The zodiacs all groaned as one. 

"Yes, yes, I know! Rules aren't the best!" Ursa said. She'd expected that much. "But they're very simple. Here." She snapped her fingers and the rules for the zodiacs appeared before them. 

1. You are not allowed to do anything strange or suspicious outside missions or this facility. 

2. You are not allowed to flaunt your ability carelessly. 

3. You are still expected to attend school. 

4. If you have any very close friends before becoming a zodiac they must be taken to Moon for a memory wipe for their own safety. This does not apply for relatives. 

5. If we catch you showing off or criticizing others you will be put into suspense and punished depending on the severity. 

"Rule number one:  You are not allowed to do anything strange or suspicious outside missions or this facility. That basically means what you think it is. I realize that Moon is very handy for this kind of thing if you get caught but she doesn't really like to busy herself to trivial memory wiping because of carelessness. Please be careful not to let your ability show, especially to those who have more physical abilities. 

"Rule number two: You are not allowed to flaunt your ability carelessly. Pretty self-explanatory. It may not seem that important but trust me I literally once met a zodiac that showed off their ability for money and it was pitiful. 

"Rule number three: You are still expected to attend school. With the exception of those who don't attend school you still are growing kids who need an education. Of course, you could be taken out of school at any time for a mission. Aquarius, Gemini, Virgo, please stay at Taurus and Leo's school for now. 

"Rule number four: If you have any very close friends before becoming a zodiac they must be taken to Moon for a memory wipe for their own safety. This does not apply for relatives. It is purely a safety reason. Our jobs can sometimes be dangerous so as to keep others safe the rules require a mind wipe of those closest to the chosen zodiac. Of course, as not to shatter your life completely, we could instead fake your death and your parents and relatives will be left alone. Personally, I would go for a memory wipe so that the friend doesn't experience any pain themselves, but it's your own choice. Both suck and I wish I could change it.