Chapter 7: A pirate's life for me.

It all happened so quickly I couldn't believe it was actually happening. The crew had dropped anchor and we now floated facing a small island, no doubt the exact same island Jack was marooned on before. It didn't take a genius to work out what was happening and my mind tried to think of every option I could to survive this.

I was being held back by two men as I struggled every now and then to get my distaste across, their grip so hard it was truly hurting me.
Suddenly, Elizabeth was pushed forward and onto the plank that lay waiting for us.

I couldn't bring myself to look at Jack, even though he stood to my right only meters away, the heat of his gaze coming back to me every now and then.
"Go on poppet, walk the plank!" The most vocal pirate shouted. I lunged forward again but it was no use, I only received an even tighter hold.

Will also surged forward, pushing himself to the front near the smiling captain, "Barbossa you lying bastard!" He spat, "you said they'd go free!" A moment later he was gagged and pulled back by the crew.

"Don't dare impugn me honour, boy," Barbossa growled, approaching Will with an intimidating stance, "I agreed they'd go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where!" He then turned to give Jack a poignant look before turning to me, "Though it does seem a shame to lose something so fine, don't it lads?"

The Captain turned back to face Elizabeth with a twisted smirk, "I'll be having that dress back before you go," the crew laughed and my eyes widened in horror.

Elizabeth took off her dress, throwing it back towards Barbossa with as much force as she could muster. "It goes with your black heart."

He grabbed it and pulled the dress to his face, "It's still warm," he coo'ed, throwing it to his crew.

Elizabeth turned to look at Will, then to me and I softly nodded, urging her just to get it over with.
I couldn't stop the scream that left my mouth when Elizabeth was forced overboard.

"Now you girlie," Barbossa looked at me, prompting me.
I took a deep breathe and held my head high as I walked over to the plank. I bit the bullet and turned to Jack who looked plagued.
I turned to the water and took a steadying breathe.
"We wants the redhead!" A man called from behind me, followed by a squabble of sorts around the men.
"Nay, she jumps!" Barbossa said sternly, chastising his men.

"Wait!" Jack called out, but it was too late, I'd already jumped.

The cold water hit me like a brick as I surged under the water, swimming under for as long as I could, desperate for some shelter away from the eyes of the crew. As I reached the surface, I heard another loud splash which surfaced beside me a few moments later, it was Jack.

He emerged next me, managing to stay afloat with a little awkwardness. I looked into the water and saw that not only was he carrying his effects, his hands were also bound by rope.

"Jack," I breathed, thankful he was safe. I kicked up, treading water with relative ease as I took the pistol out of his arms and tucked it into my chest, just inside my dress. The dress was becoming increasingly heavier in the water but I kicked harder as I started to untie the rope around his hands.

"Thanks love," he said as he regained the ability to use his arms.

We both swam to the island, silently, quickly catching up to Elizabeth who stood waiting for us on the sand.

"That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship," Jack lamented.

"I'm sorry Jack," I said contrite at his situation. My hand hovered on his shoulder, just barely touching, hoping he wouldn't bat my hand away. Instead he turn to me and grabbed the hand that rested on his shoulder, just holding it for a moment, looking at our hands as they entwined.