Chapter 50: The Privateer

The dining hall of the palace of King George was as regal and elegant as one could ever imagine, the decadent hues of cream and gold mirrored around the vast room.
It was therefore no surprise, that the expanse of food was also as bountiful and glorious as the room that held it. Laid out before him was a banquet of goods, full crowns of meat and all the trimmings as well as various puddings and delicate pastries.

Jack remained shackled to the heavy golden chair which he was forcefully placed in by the two guards who had dragged him there. Gibbs was separated at once, leaving Jack alone in the ornately designed room. He looked around, scanning his surroundings for the key to his escape.

Vaulted ceiling, crystal chandelier, large window, high drapes, internal balcony and of course an enormous portrait of the fat pig himself.

Focusing his sights back to the inviting food in front of him, Jack strained to reach out but found himself much too far away from the table. He began to scoot in the chair, jumping, as he tried his hardest to surge closer, causing loud thuds to ring out in the opulent hall. He eventually got close enough to reach out and kick the table, causing one of the cream puffs to roll towards him down the table.

Just at the same moment, the doors to the dining hall burst open. Panicking, Jack extended his foot and kicked the cream puff away before straightening up in his chair, attempting to hide any signs of his act, trying to look nonchalant.
As guards marched in, he cast a brief glance upwards, seeing the cream puff had lodged itself onto the spiked end of the chandelier above him from the force of his kick. His eyes then spotted a sour faced man walking, or rather waddling, towards him with a cane in his hand. He wore an opulent outfit that shined with golden tones and embroidery, so ghastly it matched the sickening surroundings perfectly.

He stopped in front of Jack, pausing to glance at him from the other side of the table, looking down at him in distaste before taking a seat in his golden throne, a slightly creaking sound emitting from the weight of him.

Jack looks on in somewhat fascination at the bulk of a man seated before him, paying no attention to the two men stood either side of the king. A couple of dry, silent moments pass as no one speaks.

"You are Jack Sparrow?" The wigged man to the left of the king states, probing Jack, who jumps a little from the sudden speech.
"There should be a captain in there somewhere," Jack replies, biting back a grin as his chains clink with his movements.

"I've heard of you," King George finally speaks, his voice every bit as conceited and arrogant as he looked. "And you know who I am."

Jack pretends to look confused for a moment, his eyes searching the man who sits before him as if he actually doesn't know who the man is.
"Face is familiar. Have I threatened you before?" Jack smirks.

"You are in the presence of George Augustus, Duke of Brunswick-Lneburg, Art treasurer and print selector of the Holy Roman Empire...King of Great Britain and Ireland. And of you." The man to the right states, his tone sharp and vaguely threatening as if he is trying to put Jack in his place.

"Doesn't ring a bell," Jack replies, still acting nonchalant.

"I am informed you have come to London to procure a crew for your ship," King George states, unfazed by Jack's act.

"Vicious rumour. Not true," Jack counters, his finger wagging at the accusation causing the chains to clank loudly again as he smirks.

"Then you lied to me when you told me you were Jack Sparrow," the king accuses, his voice soft and slimy.

"I am Jack Sparrow, but I'm not here to procure a crew. That is...someone else." His movements increase, causing the chains to rattle with greater conviction, the sound a deep and resonant clatter.