Why Are We Still Sad?

"YOUR FIRST LINE HAS 20 WORDS, THE SECOND ONE HAS 19, AND SO ON UNTIL YOU FINISH WITH ONE WORD."

sorry to have such a serious one to start the new book :/

the one word is a name but I don't wanna put their real name for privacy

We've come to a point in society where everyone is depressed as fuck and we very openly talk about it.

This is all fine, but we also have forgotten how to respect other people's pain and feelings and such.

It goes over our heads, the fact that the people around us have their own respective personal troubles.

We can't judge someone solely on their actions without that context, but it's so easy to judge.

It is so difficult to talk to people to sort out ourselves like we need to.

It feels like we're a burden on others, no matter how much we're reassured otherwise.

We turn to friends when our families can not or will not support us.

Yet then we're met with, "I have it worse" and all that bullshit.

It hurts, it feels like our pain is not valid in comparison.

Then again, what would be a more helpful response in replacement?

Now and then we just need someone to vent to.

Now and then we just need someone to listen.

It can't be that hard, it shouldn't be.

Any person would do, isn't that right?

Good listeners are hard to find.

Find one, then you'll understand.

You feel cared for.

It's worth it.

Thank you,

_____.