From My Mouth

"Cable."

pretty bullshit as usual

Edge cuddled closer to Lance. He only dealt with the true crime shows Lance liked so much because he loved him. His husband always held him tightly through them, assuring him he didn't have to watch. Edge still insisted, as he wanted at least some exposure to something Lance was so interested in.

This one in particular was getting to him, though he didn't know why. A pregnant woman had been stabbed, and her baby had been stolen. The criminal conveniently had a new baby that she didn't like to talk about, and her email was conveniently "Fishing for kids."

Edge was close to tears, but refused to leave. Lance asked him several times if he was sure he was alright, and he said yes every time.

Finally, the blond couldn't take it anymore. He turned off the episode. He was touched that Edge would go through all this for him, but at the same time couldn't bear to see his dear husband so upset.

He kissed him gently, stroking his hair.

"I know you're only trying to participate in my interests, but I don't want you to be so upset. I have other hobbies, so you don't have to watch these if they make you uncomfortable."

Edge sniffled and nodded, desperately trying to wipe away tears.

Lance kissed him again, a bit harder. "I'll protect you, dear."