I Can't Breathe And I Can't Smile

"Rules."

It was fun, rubbing it in Asvaldur's face that he was going to marry his now fiancé,

"Father, I'm getting married," Edge declared, watching the man's face through the glass panel between them.

Asvaldur frowned, "What do you mean, married?"

"Exactly what I said. Lance proposed. I said yes. He wants to marry me, Father. You were wrong. You always said no one would ever love me. Mama always loved me. My siblings love me. My friends love me. And Lance loves me so much, he wants to spend his life with me."

"That brat thinks he can marry into the Winskill family?" Asvaldur fumed, seeing red.

"What? Do you have a problem with my fiancé?"

"You can't call him that! You're not a woman!"

"Do you prefer the term 'boyfriend?' Besides, if I'd been a woman, you'd already have plenty of grandkids."

"No, you damn faggot-"

"Partner. Is that better?"

"You shouldn't be dating at all!"

Edge smirked. "Fine. Do you have something against my long-term friend with benefits?"

Asvaldur exploded with a sound that was part growl, part hiss, and part cussing. "What. Did. You. Say?"

"You really think Lance and I haven't fucked?" Edge's smirk grew. "Wrong. Not only has Lance fucked me, but we've had some of the hottest, rough, kinky sex you could imagine. I love it when he ties me up and spanks me and calls me his naughty whore. I love it when he uses me and abuses me like a filthy fuck toy he's free to use whenever he desires. And his cum is so good and thick and~"

"SHUT UP! FUCKING SHUT UP, YOU USELESS SHIT!"

Edge's face didn't falter the way it used to. The dreamy look in his eyes that came from talking about his soon to be husband faded into a cold stare. "I believe we're done here."

He put down the phone and walked away.

Asvaldur could only think of his own wedding to Janna.

She used to look at him with such adoration, and he held just as much affection for her to this day.

He hated to see the one who took it all away ending up with such happiness.