NINE

I don't know where to go and to have my vacation this semestral break. So I asked Drea via video call.

"Do you have any suggestions where to go this semestral break?" I asked as the vc started.

[Uhm...Boracay? Palawan? Siargao? Samal?] She suggested.

"I wanted to go surfing...I think," I opened up my want.

[Must go and try Siargao sis,] She said while caressing her cat's fur.

Something came into my mind.

"Uhm...I have a question," She looked back at me and willing to listen to what I'm going to say.

"If there's someone who like you and you feel the same, would you make it harder or mag pa hard to get?"

She sighed. [You know what? I never felt love again for a long time. But for me, if you really like each other then go, don't make it harder or play hard to get, it's just a waste of time, remember time is gold. It's not always on how deep or long you know each other before entering relationship, as long as your heart felt something to a specific person then go, it's all about love.] She smiled at me. [Di na uso ang 'getting to know each other', kung maghihiwalay, maghihiwalay talaga yan,]

I chuckled. "Hahaha. Thanks,"

[Do you like someone?] She asked me out of nowhere.

"Uhm...I'm still not sure," I answered.

She giggled. [If you're sure with your feelings, don't waste time, use it for happiness,] I nodded. [And I'll support you in any ways, you were like a little sister to me,] She gave me a sweet smile and we decided to end the video call.

I went to Katipunan because Rhys wanted me to.

I wore light brown buttoned fitted cropped top, white jeans na medyo bitin, and white blocked heels. I used my light brown tote bag.

He's wearing blue long sleeves polo and the sleeves are folded hanggang siko, black slacks, and his hair is pushed backward.

"Galing ako sa company namin," He started the conversation.

Di naman ako nagreklamo. Honestly, he looks ano...uhm...he looks...h-hot.

We went to starbucks, we both ordered frapuccino.

"You look really tired," I told him after I sipped with my frapuccino.

"Dad is teaching me on how to run the company, since I'm the heir," He sounds tired.

"Do you wanna have vacation?...w-with me?" I asked shyly and look away.

He immediately look at me and raised a brow. "It's ok if you don't---"

He cut me off. "I want to, where do you want to go?"

I tried to hide my smile. "Uhm..Siargao, but if you don't like----"

He cut me off again. "Let's go there, tomorrow,"

My eyes widened. "We didn't bought a ticket yet,"

"Connections do," He said.

We were busy on talking when someone greeted Rhys.

"Oh hi Rhys, you're here," She smiled big then suddenly faded when she saw me.

"A friend?" She asked Rhys.

Rhys looked at me and he was about to reply but I talked first.

"Yes," I said.

"I'm Loren," She offered her hand then gave me a smile.

"I'm Ali," Then shook her hand. She gripped my hand and I can see the intensity on her eyes even a smile is being built on her face, a very fake one.