Search...

Soon after, Manon went back to work but still felt the bite mark around her neck. So she had to distract herself, by listening to her MP3. Thankfully, today was a school day for the Sakamaki's and they had no desire to bring Sakura to school along with them, so they chained her in the dungeons.

First, Manon was surprised the Sakamaki brothers had a dungeon inside this mansion. Secondly, Manon thought this was the perfect time to talk to Sakura.

Even though...

"Under no circumstances will you try to free Kallen-san. You will be severely punished as well as Kallen-san although it would be much worse than yours. But don't worry, there is plenty of pain to go around in such punishments. So if you don't want any of that, I suggest you keep to your business," Reiji had given her strict instructions as the Sakamaki brothers, all of them, thank God, are preparing for school.

"Give her food and water every few hours, but otherwise keep to your normal duties. Also... whatever happens here, any funny business..."

Reiji put on a sinister smile, "We might have no choice but to extend our hospitality to you and maybe you will have a few more... remembrances of us if we did so."

His eyes lingered on Manon's neck, where the bite mark was there for all to see. Manon once again tried to cover it with her long hair, but sometimes it just likes to show itself.

"Bye bye, Maid-chan. Once I come back, you better let me have a bite too, K?" Laito said.

"How come Ayato can have a bite out of maid-san? I want to try too,"Kanato said.

But the rest of the brothers thankfully didn't say anything, with Ayato's eyes resting on me as he let a grin that didn't reach his eyes.

Then, they finally went away. Thank God.

Having the whole house to herself, Manon sighed in relief... before immediately going downstairs to the dungeon.

Whether Sakura liked it or not, Manon would like to have a chat with her.

***

"What do you want?" Sakura grunted at Manon from the inside of her cell, in a worsening state.

"Are you OK?" Manon asked immediately, just because she cared. It's hard to see something like this. Sure, her parents took the left turn to craziness, but that doesn't mean she had seen her share of abuse and torture towards other let alone to this degree.

Sakura's face seemed to lighten up a bit, "... Thanks for being concerned about me, considering the fact that I'm already a dead woman walking if the vampires have their way..."

Manon winced but decided to lean in closer. "Then, maybe I should help you... now that the brothers aren't here..."

Sakura's eyes widened, "Do you mean..."

Manon looked around furtively, as if worried someone was eavesdropping on them, even though they probably weren't, but Manon somehow had a paranoid feeling so she just kept on whispering.

"I want to help. I just don't want to get into any trouble," Manon whispered, unconsciously rubbing the spot where Ayato bit her. Sakura's eyes moved there and widened in astonishment when she saw it.

But it shouldn't be surprising. Heck, it was surprising that they didn't flat out told her they were vampires when she first met them and took a chomp of her right there and then.

Maybe that was because of Sakamaki Tougo, but who knows?

"You mean it?" Sakura asked, hope filling her eyes.