Hard Fall

"Manon, did you-" Sakura started asking, before her voice died down when she saw Shu behind Manon.

Sakura blatantly hissed, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Shu didn't even bother to answer.

"Here's your meal, Sakura-sama," Manon said politely as she prepared the standard for Sakura. Rice with a few side dishes.

"Eat quickly," Shu said, staring at Sakura.

"Why?" Sakura asked angrily after swallowing some food.

"Sigh... because I am bringing you to the torture room and chaining you there," Shu said.

"What?" Sakura choked, that Manon had to pass her hand through the bars and thump Sakura at the back. Shu remained unfazed.

"Punishment," he said bluntly, "For trying to get into our affairs."

"And for meddling into other people's business," he said, looking at Manon. She unconsciously rubbed the new bite that Shu gave her.

Bitten twice in one night. And a punishment.

"But for you... not yet. After dinner. And you can still go home," Shu mumbled.

"What?" Manon asked, surprised. She was pretty sure she punched her one way ticket to hell after being found out.

"Because we were ordered not to keep you here against your will," Shu said, "But we can still punish you."

Manon sighed, thinking this must be Sakamaki Tougo's work. He truly is incomprehensible. Sakura looked at Manon, her look was filled with... jealousy, envy. Manon didn't blame Sakura for those feelings coursing through her, but she hoped that it would not cloud her judgement.

Once Sakura was finished with her food, Shu immediately unlocked the prison cage and grabbed Sakura before she can even react.

"Follow me," Shu said, directing it to Manon, "Or do you want me to pull you too?"

Manon made the obvious decision of following.

But that does not mean she was happy to see Sakura chained in the torture room, while Shu casually looks at the weapons on the table. Of course, once Sakura was chained, Manon turned around just to get out here.

"And where are you going?" A voice asked, stopping her in her tracks as Shu was still examining the weapons although his eyes briefly met up with hers.

"Away to clean. Why?" Manon asked.

"Still have to keep an eye on you..." Shu said.

"But... you have other ways to keep an eye on me, without physically watching me... right?" Manon asked.

"..."

"Otherwise, you would never know Sakura was involved in this, that I was going to that waterway... right?"

"Annoying," Shu muttered, before saying, "... Fine, but don't snoop around again or..."

Manon didn't need telling twice as she went back upstairs with Sakura's screams following her midway.

***

How much things could get worse for her curiosity?

Much worse.

Preferably, Manon rather avoid the Sakamaki brothers when they came back. Shu had told her offhandedly that she need not prepare dinner for them, and she can only shudder at the consequences.

It was stupid of Manon to think that she could get any information out here when there were actually more eyes watching than she fearfully realized. And Sakura facing the consequences does not help her as the unmistakable feeling of guilt swelled up on her.