Insult

'Sakura...' Manon couldn't help thought, as she was seeing her body fiddled around by Sakamaki Kanato among the many mannequins, which were actually living people once, mind you, in a room that she had no idea of until today.

What on Earth is happening, you are wondering?

After Sakura's death, Manon was in too much of a state of shock that Ayato carried her while Kanato carried Sakura.

Although Manon wanted a proper burial for Sakura, Kanato had other plans.

And wanted to show them to Manon, because he wanted to keep an eye on the maid as well as punish her for pepper spraying his eyes.

Manon saw as Kanato went to his work putting Sakura onto a table, laying there and preparing... tools.

Manon couldn't hold back her disgust. Is Kanato some kind of necrophiliac? As he was going to desecrate Sakura's corpse which didn't even do anything to him?

"Which eyes do you think would look better, maid-san?" Kanato asked, showing her different colour glass orbs.

"Red," Manon said immediately, deciding to comply with Kanato rather than asking why and avoiding any unnecessary strife she no longer needed after her... stunt.

"Good choice. You have great taste, maid-san," Kanato mused as he took the glass orbs with red irises that looked suspiciously like...

Eyeballs.

Before she could process that, Kanato was already holding some kind of scapel and happily gouging our Sakura's eyeballs.

It didn't take a second for her to process that before Manon turned quickly around and was a moment away from retching.

Manon had an OK grasp with horror and torture, having steeled herself watching horror and gory anime. She didn't get sick at seeing the bloody corpse of Sakura thanks to that.

But Manon drew the line at eyeballs. Like... why...? Out of every part of the human body, eyes... anything to do with eyeballs, Manon no longer comprehended... and the imaginary for that type of torture is even more sickening than what could be done with simply skin and bones...

"Maid-san?" Kanato called out sweetly, "I need your help holding up the eyelids so that I could replace the eyes with these lovely red ones..."

'I don't want to do that,' Manon immediately thought, hoping she could magically faint to save herself from any of that.

... Why couldn't she?

"Come on, maid-san," Kanato said impatiently. She didn't want Kanato to go berserk, but at the same time, this situation... this absurd situation...

God really likes to kick her hard with this, huh?

"Can't you do it yourself? I mean... before this, you must have done it alone just fine..." Manon said, wanting absolutely nothing to do with this.

"Yes, but this time I have a helper and I want to use her as much as I can," Kanato said, "So come on, maid-san. I don't have all day... or you wanted to be added to my collection?"

Manon shuddered. She has two options. Participate in the torture that Manon couldn't even look or be killed on the spot and turned into a doll.

Despite the brothers being awfully wary of their own father and obeying them, it felt somewhat to an extent as they look like they rather defy their father and want to. That was the hatred and rebellion deep seated within the brothers...

So, Manon steeled herself, tried to look anywhere but Sakura's body and tried to peer the eyelids up without ever seeing the face.

In the end, Manon was more useful alive than dead.