Regret

Manon was going to thank her lucky stars forever. She didn't know how she was avoiding the brothers, but like Manon was complaining. However, she felt slightly bad for not trying to see Sakura in fear of bumping into one of the brothers.

It was only when the brothers went to school, that Manon finally decided to check with Sakura and hope she was fine.

"Sakura..." Manon said gently as she opened the door to see a shivering Sakura, huddled in her bedroom.

"Who- what?" Sakura squawked, turning to the door, recoiling if she expected to see one of the brothers, but when it was only Manon, Sakura suddenly burst into tears and hugged Manon tightly.

Surprised, all Manon could do was pat Sakura in the back, as she let all the tears out and then Sakura finally spoke.

"Thank... God... you are... still here. I... don't know... what to do... without you," Sakura said, gasping between a few words due to crying.

Manon couldn't help sad hearing that. Manon could have really done so much more for Sakura, such as if they escaped together...

If Manon did, they would both be in Zimbabwe, but it was too risky and still risky right now. But, for Sakura to say such things...

"I don't deserve that," Manon whispered to Sakura, "I should have done a better job to help you."

Sakura inhaled and exhaled slightly, as she spoke even more softly, "I'm not selfish. I know you have your own problems. Now, I'm just glad you didn't abandon me altogether. ... Thank you for taking care of me."

It hurt for Manon to hear that. Sakura really did not deserve this. Add that to her list of regrets and still growing.

But life was simply like that...

Anywho, Manon decided to lay low until the whole thing blows over. There's no way in heaven that she was stupid enough to snoop around at the very next day and be caught again.

Manon simply just wanted to comfort Sakura and be there for her, as a fellow human and helper into digging out dirt from Sakamaki Tougo.

"I do my very best..." Manon said softly, as Sakura hugged her tighter.

"Oh, is this the beginning of GL? I hope they get down and dirty. It will really turn me on," a voice suddenly my said.

"I hope they don't. The prey and maid aren't supposed to be together in the first place, anyway," another voice said.

Manon and Sakura turned around to see that it was Kanato and Laito, standing there and staring at them.

Manon almost cursed out loud, not even expecting a few brothers to stay behind after that punishment. But considering Ayato and Shu have ditched before, this shouldn't even be a surprise anymore.

However, it didn't stop Manon from being passive aggressive when she said, "Just you two?"

"My my, Maid-chan still has some bite in her tone, huh? Unlike our tenant, huh?" Laito said, looking at both of the girls.

Manon realised that Sakura was hiding behind her, but could she blame her? Sakura must have cracked some and unlike Manon, who could take a breather, Sakura was stuck with them 24/7.

Damn sad.

"Hey, hey, don't look at us like that. You really are feisty after what we have put you through, huh? I like that," Laito chuckled, nearing them some more.

Sakura flinched but Manon willed for her facial expressions to go blank. Giving out any hint of expression will be giving out any weakness towards the vampires. They feed on weakness as they feed on blood.