Chapter Eight

Xander

When I got back to Brielle ,she's already awake but lay still on bed.
I'm sure my bed now smells like her ,roses and vanilla,which I don't really mind.

"Is your head still hurt?" I asked her softly when I sit at her side on the bed.

She looked at me blankly and stared like I'm not there.

"Brielle?" I touched her arms and again, I felt that burning sensation whenever we touched.
I made no moved and let myself be drown to the addicting feeling.

She suddenly jolted upward ,grip my wrist strongly and twisted my arms to my back.
I was shocked to even retaliate my arm and groan when she locked my neck with her arms tightly.

"D-Dicky? Oh shit!" she let me go when she realized its me. "I'm sorry! I thought..well ,I'm in my deep thought and when you touched me I..."
she looked beet red and ashamed for what she had accidentally done.

I rubbed my wrist. "I must have startled you. And I must admit you have strong grip there Brielle." I praised her knowledge of protecting herself.

She sit folding her knees under her.
"Well, what are you doing here?"  she said while looking at me smiling.

Oh I really thought she'd be afraid of me ,guess she's not.
I sighed. She always surprised me.

"I just wanted to inform you that you'll be staying here until this Marcos problem will be solve." I said it just so she won't get paranoid at me ,not having a plan of letting her go.

"Okay ,but can I call Alex, Cielo and Chen? I just wanted to informed them about this new predicament I'm in. My phone's dead." she's looking at me ,hopeful and sad.

I frowned and my eyes unconsciously wandered to her sexy body. She's still on Annas' nightgown.

Ugh! Keep your dick to your pants at the moment, Xander!

I cleared my throat and focus my eyes on her face.
"So ,you're okay being here?"
I thought she'll put up a fight because as she said ,she can take care of herself.

And who the shit is Alex?

"Well ,what choice do I have? Though I can truly protect myself, I don't want anyone from my family to be put in danger because of me." she raised her brows and crossed her arms to her
chest.

Oh. She must have thought of me as a pervert now. But if she'll allow me ,I can be one, just for her.

I laughed internally by my own cockiness.

"Uh.. Okay then...you can use mine." I handed her my phone and she accept it and whispered a thank you.

She stood up and went to open the sliding door to the balcony.

I should go out now but I wanted to know who's this Alex she's talking about.
I can see the reason why she wanted to talk to Chen and Cielo ,though that man is tough as a rock ,but some Alex?
Well ,that's something.

I should get to know if I have a boyfriend to be threaten away.

"Hi Mr. Xiang.. yes....I'm fine its just a graze on the arms and on the head...no..no..I'm fine..I'm treated well..Thank you...yes...you do?" she give me the side eye briefly before turning back again. " hmmmm...okay...ah..can I talk to Cielo?..yeahh..thank you..." she paused a little then gently rub the hand rails.
"Hi are you okay?..is your woun-...." she stopped then her posture became tense.
I titled my head and continue my eavesdropping.

"yeah. yeah...well I'm on adrenaline rush...I did cover up..no!..you..ugh...oh stop complaining now ,what done was done..yeah..I know..I appreciate it..thank you...take care okay..say hi from me to Dyl and Nicco...hahaha..that won't happen..I'll be back before you know I'm gone..yes..thanks..bye Cielo .. idiot.." she then fully laughed.