3. Protected By A Monster

*Frank's POV*

Its been three days since Gerard came back from being away. He was sick, at least, that's what he told me. He seemed sick too, he was paler and shakier now. I didn't understand what it might have been. He hasn't really left the cell to eat either, he's been laying down sleeping most of the time. Is that what you're supposed to do in prison? Catch up on your lack of sleep hours?

I heard him wincing and whimpering at night, pain seemed to be going through him. I even went onto the other cot, I didn't wanna get in his way. He seemed to be in so much pain. He would become super warm too, like a heater. Burning up with a fever, I presumed it was maybe 100 or higher for his fever, I couldn't do anything.

I didn't know how to help him, so I didn't. This morning, a doctor came in and took his temperature, he trusted me enough and had me just sit on my cot and watch. Dr. Alphonse didn't seem to pleased with Gerard's temp. He sighed and scribbled something down on a clipboard paper. I didn't understand. He shook his head and nudged Gerard's shoulder.

"I need to give you this, Gerard." The doctor told him. Gerard mumbled something and closed his eyes again. Dr. Alphonse gave him an injection. What was it? A vaccination? something to make him better maybe? The doctor looked at me and smiled lightly. "Be sure to get him into the cafeteria today, he needs meal." Dr. Alphonse told me, I nodded and watched him leave the cell. the guard closed the barred door behind him. I climbed off my cot and went to Gerard's side.

"Gee?" I asked touching his shoulder, he flinched slightly and opened his eyes to look at me. His cloudy olive eyes seemed strained against the dim lighting of the cell. He looked warm and he looked cold, with a thin layer of sweat along his forehead. His eyes had dark sleep circles beneath them, showing that he barely slept, that he was really sick.

"Hm?" He mumbled. I brushed his greasy black hair out of his face and he looked up at me.

"Let's go eat, Gee. You need to eat, Dr. Alphonse wants you to." I told him. "Also, I need your help." I whispered quietly. Gerard sat up slowly, I could see his body shaking, a grimace on his face as he straightened out his back.

"Alright." Gerard said, he put a hand on my shoulder as he stood up. I helped him up and he could walk on his own very shakily. We started walking towards the cell door and he coughed slightly. "I'm sorry." Gerard apologized. The guard opened the gate for us and him and I walked to the cafeteria area. Prisoners stared at us in awe, shock, hunger, and fear.

The big burly guy that touched my shoulder the first day I was here approached us.

"What do you think you're doing with my Princess?" He asked Gerard angrily, Gerard was smaller than the guy. Way smaller, and not as burly. The man was all muscled and covered in tattoos, even up on his face. Gerard just looked vampiric and mean.

"Did you touch him?" Gerard asked in a dark voice, from his weak one in the cell he seemed to be totally normal now. Like he knew he had to be tough, to protect me.

"He's my special Princess. He's mine. Don't try standing up to me. Freak." The burly man warned. Gerard didn't even flinch at the harshness of the mans voice. I was squirming in my own skin.

"Touch him again, and I will not hesitate to snap your neck." Gerard growled. The man laughed and reached for my shoulder, bad idea. Gerard lashed out instantly and slammed the man away with two firm hands shoving against the man's chest. The man stumbled backwards.

"Awe, I just want to play with Princes a little bit!" The man said angrily. He charged to Gerard but Gerard snapped a fist in his face

"Don't fuck with me. I will kill you." Gerard snarled. The man took Gerard more seriously now and took off to a table of other prisoners. A few of the prisoners dipped their heads in greeting to Gerard. They must have known him.

"Why do they do that?" I asked quietly as him and I got meals.

"They know who I am, what I've done, and that this is my turf. No one fucks with a monster." Gerard answered blankly. I didn't want to hear more, he wasn't a monster in my eyes.

************

A/N: sorry that was kind of short.

What did you think? Leave your thoughts in the comments below c:

I need 5 votes to post the next chapter. C:

Dedication challenge:

"What is the plural of Moose?"

XoXog