七: ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

The loud beeping of your alarm jolted you out of your pleasant dreams, startling you awake.

You lifted your head out from beneath the covers to sneak a peek at the time. 11 am. Good, your alarm was right on time for once.

Rolling out of bed, you quickly changed and got ready for the long day ahead. You threw on a t-shirt, shorts, and a pair of socks, pulling your hair into a high ponytail once you were done.

You made yourself a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. As you ate, you made sure you had everything you needed today.

Notepad? Check. Pen? Check. Gifts? Check. Essentials such as your phone and wallet? Check.

You placed the dishes in the sink and began washing them. There weren't that many, so it only took you about ten minutes.

Drying your hands off with a towel, you stood over your purse with the journal and letters lying next to it. You were debating whether to bring them along or not. They had valuable evidence that Shinichi could probably use, but on the same note, Saguru had explicitly stated that they were for your eyes only.

You picked them up before deciding against it and setting them back down. You'd let Shinichi know of the evidence without letting it slip that your boyfriend had left you a secret journal and letters. That worked perfectly.

A sudden thought struck you, almost like a bolt from the blue. You sprinted upstairs and unlocked Saguru's briefcase, pulling out the documents he was working on the day before he died. You didn't know whether they'd be valuable or not, but this was a joint collaboration between him and Shinichi. Perhaps Kudo-kun would know something about this that you didn't. You also grabbed the official investigation report that held details about your boyfriend's death. Those would be essential to your investigation as well.

After checking that all the doors were locked and that the gas was off, you tossed on a pair of flats and headed out the door toward the train station. Beika was a forty-five-minute train ride away, with Shinichi's house being another twenty minutes away by car, so you had to leave early.

After navigating traffic through the crowded crosswalk and running up two flights of stairs, you made it to the platform just in time to catch a train about to leave. You stepped inside and realized that the train car was packed to the brim with people.

"Oh no..." you grumbled as you squeezed your way through the crush of people, muttering apologies the way throughout until you found a less crowded spot. It wasn't much, but at least you weren't squished up against some random stranger.

Not wanting to deal with the people around you, you pulled out your earbuds and plugged them into your phone. You opened up your playlist and found a song that suited your mood and leaned back, bopping your head to the beat slightly. There. It did the trick every time.

About thirty minutes later when your legs were about to collapse beneath you, a whole crowd of people finally got off and cleared the car, allowing you to finally take a seat and give your feet a much-needed break. You heaved a sigh and stared out the window at the modern Tokyo skyline sipping past with its gleaming, glass and steel skyscrapers.

Your victory was short-lived, however, as an announcement came onto the loudspeaker, saying that the next stop was Beika. You internally groaned and wept for your tired and aching feet, but slowly got up with your feet crying out in pain and walked toward the doors.

The train pulled into the station and the doors slid open once it had come to a stop. You rushed out the doors, avoiding the incoming people, and followed the crowd to exit the station, where you diverged to the side and quickly called a taxi.

𝔸𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝔸𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕤, 𝔻𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝔻𝕦𝕤𝕥 |ℍ𝕒𝕜𝕦𝕓𝕒 𝕊𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕣𝕦|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara