十二:𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕆𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙

He cracked his knuckles and gazed down at you with a sneer.

"Now, let the real show begin."

***

Crap. As if things couldn't get any worse.

You nervously fidgeted. Sweat dribbled down your neck.

"Come on, Mister," you joked, trying to lighten up the tense situation you were in. "What do you mean? The show's already over; no one's here. Just let me go already. I don't have anything you want anyway."

A harsh slap to your face made you temporarily see stars blotting your vision. White-hot pain seared across your cheek.

You tched and shook off the dizziness, glaring him straight in the eye. Something hot and wet was dripping out the corner of your mouth and you recognized it as blood from the taste and scent of it. Bitter and thick, with a metallic odor to it.

"I'll cut straight to the point. Hopefully, the police won't discover the secret to this trick anytime soon.

"You're the one who murdered your boyfriend."

A pause. A poorly-hidden snort. A laugh.

You didn't even bother to cover your mouth to stifle your laughs. An ungodly wheeze escaped your lungs as you turned the other way.

"Pffft... nice one, mister," you cough out. "Unfortunately, I have a solid alibi that's been backed up by evidence, so could you please let me go unless you've got something-"

Another harsh slap across the face. Your swollen cheek stung twice as much now. Stars blotted out your vision and your head throbbed and pulsed.

"Goddamnit, you're so infuriating. Can't you just stay still and listen for once?"

The venomous tone of his voice made you shut up instantly. He twitched his hand and made a motion like he was opening a water bottle.

You felt something shift in the back of your mind. The closest you could get to describing it was as if something was rising to the top of your mind, which had been previously submerged at the bottom.

And then all went black.

It felt as if you were dreaming but you knew you weren't. The best description was virtual reality but you weren't in control of your own body.

"The hell? What is this? What am I doing?" you heard yourself say.

"For a lack of better words, you're watching how events played out the night your beloved boyfriend was murdered."

You struggled and tried to free yourself, but nothing was happening, so you eventually gave up and decided to see what he was talking about.

Through your first-person point of view, the sky and surroundings were dark around you. For a while, you were completely in the dark about where you were until you saw the familiar silhouette of an imposing mansion on the horizon.

Isn't that Saguru's house?

Your gaze shifted down as you heard a few beeps typing the passcode in.