十三: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥 𝕠𝕗 ℕ𝕠 ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟

You stood before the entrance to the terminal, staring up at the big words "Terminal 2" in white above your head.

Three days had passed and in those three days, you had made your final decision about what to do with yourself.

You were going to turn yourself into the police.

Plopping down into an empty chair, you pulled out your plane ticket and stared blankly at it.

Soon, this nightmare that had plagued and poisoned your life would come to an end.

***

"Oh my god, I'm so tired..."

You collapsed onto your bed, grateful that you were finally home.

The house was empty save for you. Just as you planned, your parents were still out on their business trip in America and if everything went well, they wouldn't know that you'd gone abroad. You hoped the note you had written with your mother's forged signature wouldn't have been seen through.

You decided to take a bath before heading out. Might as well clean up and look presentable.

***

The water rose to your shoulders and ticked the bottom of your earlobes. You sighed contently and sunk even deeper into the water, bubbles getting into your nose and making you sneeze in an attempt to dispel the burning sensation in your nostrils. It didn't work, however, so you were forced to deal with it.

You poked at the rubber duck floating atop the water and watched it go bobbing along.

You didn't want to turn yourself in. At all. You'd be a convicted criminal then and your future would be absolutely destroyed.

You pondered over this decision a bit more. Technically, you could get away with his murder since you had already been cleared from the list of suspects, and that there was no conclusive evidence to put you under suspicion again. Additionally, only Spider knew about this murder, excluding you, and you got the feeling that he wouldn't turn you into the cops.

If you didn't turn yourself in, Saguru's case would eventually be lost to the hands of time and ruled as a cold case. It would be sitting in the bottom of the file cabinet, untouched and gathering dust until a rookie detective or somebody who had heard about the case from a senior pulled it out, and even then, it wouldn't be solved.

Because by then, you would most likely be dead and there would be no way to bring justice to him.

You groaned and threw your head back.

It seemed as if there was only one correct choice you could make at this point.

A glance at your pruney fingers told you that you had spent enough time in the bath. You slowly climbed out, water dripping from your body as you grabbed a towel and dried yourself off.

After getting dressed in the nicest clothes you owner, you left the house, but not before writing your parents a goodbye note.

Dear mom and dad,

By the time you're reading this, it'll be too late. I'll either be in prison or dead.

I know you're going to ask why and to summarize, I killed Saguru.

Yeah, I know. Can't believe it, right? I, the definition of a doting girlfriend, killing my boyfriend for no apparent reason.