four

- Gulf -

It's been three days since I last encountered that smiling maniac. Well, I have been busy with loads of tests from my different subjects and don't forget that I still need to practice soccer for Sports Fest.

Now that I have mentioned it, I clearly have seen no trace of that smiling maniac ever since that night. Whenever we are eating at the cafeteria, I tried looking around just to see if he's around but nah. No sign of him. It's not that I am into him already but, I don't know, I think my body's moving on its own.

"Okay, let's have a break first." our team captain shouted from the other side. We were called for a morning practice and currently on it, and obviously we are in the soccer field right now. I saw Pete and Top coming to my direction, it is where our bags at. They both grabbed the bottles of water and tossed one for me.

"Thanks." I said while still looking at our team captain. By the way, his name is P'Earth.

P'Earth used to date a guy? He had a boyfriend? He kissed a guy? He, he did it with a guy?

I shook my thoughts off. I think the last one was a bit overboard, but who knows, right?

These questions have been bugging me lately:

How do men realize that they like men, too? How do they know that they are falling in love with a guy? How do they date? How do.. How do they...

Aish. What am I even thinking? It's not that I hate gays but I just suddenly thought of that.

If you're a guy, you would probably hit on girls, right? But hit on guys? Oh no.

And a sudden image flashed in my head.

"Shiaaaa!" I said in an irritating tone.

"Hey, what's wrong, Gulf?" I realized that I have been so drowned in my thoughts that I already looked like a moron here. I saw these two shaking their heads, thinking I've gone nuts. Yeah, I'm going crazy and that's because of that smiling maniac.

But why do I suddenly get reminded of him?

Boyfriend. How does it feel to have a boyfriend?

Right! I have Pete and Top.

I stood in front of Top who is currently sitting on the bench.

"Hey, Top. Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

And as soon as he stand, he threw me the looks with extreme disgust in his face. What? Why? We're friends after all, what's wrong with that?

"Are you insane???" he shouted and landed a smack on my head. But why?

He looked at Pete who's currently jaw-dropped while watching us, and as if he's asking what the fuck happened to me.

"Right, Pete. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" as soon as I uttered those words while coming his way, he also gave me a smack on my head. Really? Do you really need to kill my brain cells?

"Did you hit your head with the ball, huh? Why are you acting strange? What the fuck, Gulf!"

"Or maybe you're just hungry. It's almost lunch, anyways. Why don't we grab our lunch first? Cool?" said Pete.

"Yes, yes. Let's go before Gulf gets worse." They rush behind me as they push me towards the way to the cafeteria. But hey, I didn't hit my head nor hungry. Aish.

"I'm cool. You can go, I'll just stay here. I need some thinking."

"Definitely! I think you loose a screw." Then they left.

What am I doing? I'm becoming weirder and weirder as the day goes by. This is bad. Aish.

I didn't notice that I've been pulling the grass near me. Poor grass, I didn't mean to do that, anyway. It's just that, my mind is in a chaos right now. Forgive me.

"How about asking me?"

Huh?

I turned to where that voice is coming. It's him.

"Ask you what?"

"Ask me to become your boyfriend." I almost choke myself to death with my own saliva. What the hell is he thinking? Popping out from who knows where, and telling me those craps.

"Or..." He took a few steps.. towards me.

Wow, I didn't know he's this tall. Uhm, I'm also tall but I think he's only a few inches taller. I was interrupted with my thoughts when I finally realized that he's already in front of me. Don't give me that smile, you moron.

He took his last step and said,

"Or should I ask you to be my boyfriend?" and then he gave me a teasing look. I said don't give me that look.

I couldn't answer nor argue with him at the moment. My lips chose not to move so I can at least object to him. I was just staring at him. But this time, I don't feel irritable. I was just looking at him, him smiling.

"I guess, that's it." He held my hand and drag me to I don't know where. What I know is that, wherever he takes me, it's fine.

What?

What am I saying?

"Hey wait."

"First things first. I don't want to be an irresponsible boyfriend, okay? Let's eat first." That's when I realized we're already here in the cafeteria.

The cafeteria is still crowded since it is lunch time, but he still managed to get us a table.

"I'll order for us. What do you want?" But instead of refusing, I ended up saying, "I'll have barbeque and omelette, plus rice." And then he left.

What the heck is happening? All of a sudden I got myself a boyfriend. But isn't that what I wanted from earlier? I even asked Pete and Top, right? But they just rejected me and now I am nothing but a moron to them. Just great.

I looked for .. what is his name, again? Amazing! I don't know the name of my boyfriend. Besides, I didn't totally accept him, so basically he's not my boyfriend. But I also didn't dump him which makes him my boyfriend.

Aish!

Few seconds later, the food already arrived. Alright, I will just let this slide. But for the mean time, let's eat first because I am super hungry now. Satisfying my stomach is my top-most priority, no one can change my mind.

We finished eating and mind you, it was so awkward because I kept catching him staring at me. But I don't mind, as long as I get to eat, it's fine.

"Gulf."

I was frozen at that time because when he called my name, I don't know why but it echoed and that memory from when I was about to sleep and a voice called me flashed back.

"W-what?"

"It's time for your next class. I'll catch you later, okay?"

"But wait, let me clear myself, okay? I'm not your boyfriend or what. I don't even know your name and now you're--" he cut me off.

"It's Mew. There you know my name. I'll see you later, okay?"

And then he took our plates and left. I also heard Top and Pete calling me which made me lose my sight of that man who claims to be Mew.

Mew.

Will I really get to see you later?

~~

A little appreciation to my friend's achievement, who is also a Waanjai or MewGulf shipper, HAPPY GRADUATION, my dear Monica, ily~ This chapter is dedicated to you.