twenty seven

- Gulf -

"Who?!"

"N-New."

When he turned to me, there is no longer trace of happiness as we were just having fun earlier, throwing insults to each other. I told him about New, moving into the same dorm as us. His face is slowly turning red. His eyes are narrow, rigid, hard. There were white knuckles from clenching his fists as he to control himself from exploding. I held his shaking hands and draw them to my chest, hugging them to calm.

"I wasn't going to tell you about this since he's not doing anything to disturb us. That's what I thought... at least."

"What do you mean?"

I motioned him to follow me to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet under the sink. He was so surprised to see a lots of packed goods in there that he know for sure he didn't buy. He looked at me with an obvious confusion written on his face.

"It's from him... I guess. Remember hearing a knock from the outside every now and then? And when I open the door, there was no one except for  a plastic bag on the floor? "

The same pastries that were in the box that a guy named "New", as it was written on a post-it note from before, sent are all here. There are some stuffs added like chocolates and handwritten letters, but no sender's name attached.

"It's obviously from him." He's about to storm out of the room but I have stopped him. I looked him in the eyes which are now slowly getting blinded by anger and slowly shook my head at him. I don't want to spark a fight between him and that New. I just don't like the thought of P'Mew getting into a fight with someone.

"No, Gulf. Listen. This has to be addressed or this will continue forever. I am the boyfriend here. He doesn't respect me at all. Don't you know how I feel about this? This is absurd. Let handle this, okay? Let me show him that he shouldn't take me for nothing. And, to stop bugging you. Fuck him." 

He searched for a plastic bag and put everything in it. The door closes and P'Mew was gone. I immediately run after him to stop him somehow. This will be a big mess, I'm sure of it. But if I stop him, it will just look like I didn't bother to consider his feelings. I know he's right and he's got all the rights to do that as my boyfriend but I am most worried of him, not for myself.

 I looked right and left to see where he went but the hallway is clear, no sign of him. Not until I heard a loud voice coming from my right. I run as fast as I could. Even though I haven't reached the place, I can already hear him from a distance.

"Don't act like an innocent, asshole. I know you are the bastard behind this! Leave us alone, for fuck's sake!"

It was right before my eyes, of how P'Mew threw the plastic bag onto New. The food is everywhere. People are starting to gather around, gossiping.

"It was for Gulf, not you."

I was so shocked when I heard it directly from New, and so as P'Mew. It was really him. He's confessing it. But why me? 

"You're not even denying it, huh?" P'Mew suddenly grabbed New by his collar but he isn't showing any fear nor any reaction. Everyone is holding their phones and I am sure they are all filming it. I knew it will be a drag like this. 

"P'Mew, stop this already, please?" But I was not heard, like I was invisible here.

"Why would I even deny it when it's really true? Besides, you're not the only one who can like him." His smirk pushed P'Mew to become angrier. P'Mew raised his hand, ready to punch him in the face.

"And oh, before I forgot." P'Mew's punch was stopped midair. "Do you know why Gulf has recurring nightmares? It is because he's uncomfortable being with YOU. He isn't like that before when we were still roommates. Not until he lived with YOU. Do you get it? It was YOU. YOU make him uncomfortable. YOU give him nightmares." 

P'Mew has lost it and he landed a strong punch onto New's face. New spat blood right after that. He laughed like a mad man, with his teeth covered with blood. He looks like a different person now. I didn't know he could turn into this.

"P'Mew!" I ran to P'Mew and stopped him as he is about to give him another hell of a punch. 

"Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend!!!"

But New never replied. Instead, his smirk has never left his face.

"Stop this, New. Please? Please stop. I don't like you and P'Mew is my boyfriend so please, please leave us alone."

"Okay, I will stop."

"Thank y--"

"I will stop after I made you mine." He wiped off his lips, turned his back, and entered his room. 

Not long enough, the guards came running to where the commotion is. But they are already late. It is now over. They asked everyone to go back to their rooms and we did. They also warned us about the scene that happened earlier. If they heard another fight arise, again, they will kick us out.

"Gulf." said P'Mew in a very deep voice. I looked at him as I dress his wound from earlier.

"Please be honest with me. Do I really make you uncomfortable? That's why you're having nightmare? Is it really because of me?"

"Shh. Don't believe in anything that he said. It's not true, P'Mew. I am the happiest when I am with you. You give me love that completes me. You are the reason of my every smile. You give me comfort, especially in times I needed them the most. That New, he never knew about us, okay? He's just barking nonsense. Believe in me, believe in us, okay?"

"D-Do I really make you uncomfortable?"

"No, P'. No."

His eyes swam in tears. He is now crying and I hate seeing him like that when all he did was love me.

I wrapped him in my chest and arms. He kept sobbing. I hate it. I hate this.

"P'Mew." He raised his head and our eyes met. I felt more sorry now that I am seeing how his tears wet his whole face, even snot.

"Do you believe New more than you believe me?" Right then, he stopped crying. He wiped off his tears using the back of his hand.

"I believe you, of course."

"Then, why are you crying like a baby now? Didn't you promise me you'll cook me my favorite dish today?"

"Right. What time is it already? Wait for me, okay? I will cook it for you right away." He stood up and run to the kitchen as fast as he could. He wore his usual pink apron which I think really suits him well. 

My lips pulled up into a smile as I watch him prepare for cooking as if nothing had happen earlier. I really can't imagine a guy like him who is always after my happiness more than his is actually my boyfriend. I witnessed how he put up a fight for me and how crumbled after someone cursed him of being not a good boyfriend to me when he is actually the best boyfriend ever.

Now, I realized how much I love him more.

I can't even imagine waking up one day without him by my side.

It might just 

kill me.