eleven

- Gulf -

“Who are you to flirt with my boyfriend right in front of me?”

A deep, loud and angry voice suddenly surfaced and it's drawning everyone's attention here in the cafeteria.

“H-hey, P'Mew. Let's go.” I tried dragging him away from the cafeteria but he isn't moving an inch.

While this strange guy on the hand seems to be unwary of the situation we currently have and just continued blabbering.

“I just want to say thank you for giving me those sweets. Me and my friends enjoyed them and finished them all.” he said while showing all his teeth with his eyes almost closed as they, too, are smiling.

I felt someone is already burning up in anger but still chooses to contain it himself, or so I thought..

“Am I invisible to you? Are you blind? Deaf?”

P'Mew acted as if he's about to push this retard on his chest just like what guys do when fighting but I managed to stop him. Pete and Top helped, too.

'That guy over there is cheating on his boyfriend?'

'How dare he cheat on his boyfriend when he's so hot like that?'

'I didn't know he's that sly.'

'If I were him, I'd break up with a cheater like him.'

I can hear everyone's gossip now. I want to yell at them to stop but I can't.

“I want to treat you later after class, I just want to thank you for those sweets, if you would't mind?”

With that being said, P'Mew let go of my hand and I saw his back walking away from me, leaving me in the middle of this. I heard everyone gasps, and says I deserve this.

I glared at the guy who made me into this mess but he seems so clueless which really irritates me. I chased after P'Mew but I didn't know where he went. I heard Pete and Top calling me but I ignored them. I need to find P'Mew.

I phoned him multiple times but he didn't answer. I also went to his faculty but he isn't there. While desperately looking for him, I ran into the school doctor there and he pointed at my knee. It was bleeding too much that the dressing is soaked in blood. He immediately escorted me to their clinic and treated my wound.

“Nong Gulf, what happened? Is there anything bothering you?”

P'Mew. I need to clear things with P'Mew. I don't like it when he's like that.

The doctor gets a warm compress and put it on my knee while I am lying down on the bed.

“You should be taking good care of your wound and restrain from too much activity such as running or anything that'll stress more your wound.” he sighed. “If this continues, you will not be able to play soccer, ever again.”

That hit me. I don't want to give up soccer. Soccer has been my life and that's my worst nightmare.

“By the way, I called Nong Mew to watch over you. He said he's on his way now.”

P'Mew?

I suddenly felt so sleepy maybe because of the medicine that the doctor gave me. I don't think I can hold it anymore and then my eyes started closing even without my permission.

A white ceiling welcomed me as soon as I woke up and when I turned to my side, I saw P'Mew sitting beside me.

“Gulf. How are you feeling?” I tried to sit as he helped me to do so.

“I'm alright. P'Mew, about earlier--”

“Shhh. I already heard it from Top. I know you. It's just that, I'm fucking jealous. I can't control myself when I'm jealous.” and I heard him whispered a curse to himself.

“You're cute.”

“What?”

“You're cute when you're jealous but at the same time scary.” and I hiccuped a laugh.

“And now you're....” He looked at me with pity.

“No, I'm fine. It's not like I'm going limp, eh?”

“It's my fault. I'm sorry.”

I reached up and cupped his face as I tell him it's not his fault. I felt him  resting his forehead against my forehead, eyes closed, and so I did as well. I felt him moved until I felt something soft pressed against my lips. I felt the warmth of his lips onto mine and that feeling lingered far after the kiss.

I opened my eyes and saw him smiling, the same smile that gives me comfort.

“By the way, can you tell me why did you choose soccer as you major?”

“As a kid, my mom used to sign me up with soccer camps. I made lots of friends there, made the best childhood memories and I really enjoyed playing it. Until my mom died because of an accident and whenever I play soccer, I feel like my mom's embracing me through the wind that comes against my skin whenever I run.” I smiled as I remembered those times. “It gives me comfort.”

“So you better recover fast and do what makes you happy, alright?” He said as he cheers me up.

“I know right. The battlefield's waiting for my return.”

“That's the spirit!”

The clinic was filled with laughter as our conversation continued. 

We both skipped our classes but we will surely attend the next. The doctor already permitted me to go to class and reminded me to take my meds and be careful.

P'Mew dropped me off at my classroom. Everyone's still looking at us but I really don't care. Only P'Mew matters to me, they're all dumbasses.

I soon as I entered the classroom, my two idiot friends came running to me.

“Gulf, what happened to you?”

“Where have you been?”

“Is he still mad at you?” Pete asked me but Top hit Pete on the head saying, “Are you dumb? P'Mew dropped him off here and you think he's still mad at Gulf?” He turned to me while having a tease on his face, ready to throw it on my face.

“I heard you just got from the clinic. What did you two do in the clinic?” he said while grinning.

“Dumbass! I got my wound redressed. What else do you do in a clinic?” I said while trying to avoid their eyes but they are so persistent. They are now pouting their lips, looking like a retard duck, while hugging themselves.

“I said stop! You're such a disgrace to your families.”

The only time they stopped was when the next professor came in. What did I do in my past life to deserve these kind of friends? Maybe I should ask all the gods and Buddha to reincarnate me into a life without them.

Classes done and I am waiting for P'Mew because he said he'll fetch me.

“P'Mew.” I smiled at him as soon as he arrives. We are now on our way out when an unfamiliar voice called me.

“Ai'Gulf!”

When I turned to him, he was the guy at the cafeteria earlier. Since when did he know my name?

“Have you considered my offer? There's a newly opened cafe nearby--”

He wasn't able to finish his sentence because P'Mew cut him off.

“Sorry but my BOYFRIEND and I have a date to go to.”

“Oh I see. Maybe next time. By the way my name's Bank. See you around.” He waved at me and then he left.

How is he confident like that? Aish. He's getting into my nerves, really!

“Don't meet with him, Gulf. I swear I can kill anyone, especially if its name is Bank.”

***

Please vote and comment. Thank you.