thirteen

- Gulf -

“You seriously want ice cream this late?”

As much as I want to march back to my dorm I can't because I really think he's craving for an ice cream that he's pulling me hard to the convenient store.

“Alright, alright. Don't need to drag me, my feet are totally working.”

I heard he heaved a deep sigh and faced me, with his eyes looking like he's about to cry.

“What am I gonna do with you?” the tall guy in front of me said.

Me? Hello, he's the one who's dragging me for an ice cream, why me???

“If only I can keep you in my pocket.”

He runs his hand through his hair as if he's frustrated over something. Did I say something that frustrated him?

“Why are you gonna keep me in your pocket? I'm not a pokemon.” Still confused of what he's blabbering about. Wrinkles formed between my eyebrows, I looked at him as he continues pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Why are you like a magnet, huh? You attract every single guy, making me all jealous.” He avoided my eyes but I was still putting all together the puzzle pieces he just gave me. What is he saying?

“First is that guy whose name is Fucking New who fucking gave you sweets, does he run charity? Second, that Bank who doesn't care if you have a boyfriend around or nah. And now, another Fucking New??? What's worst is he's your roommate?????” As soon as his eyes spotted a rock, he kicked it and god knows where it flew.

“What are talking about? What do you mean attracting guys? I'm not doing anything.” I didn't notice that I just raised my voice. I can't help it, it is as if he's making me a slut, I am not.

“No.” He immediately run towards me and held my hands but I didn't let him. “No no no, what I'm trying to say is, can you not be so attractive? I know you can't help it. You're charming, a totally bewitching beauty that's why they are swarming around you. I'm just afraid you might find them way better than me and leave me.” with his head lowered, I hugged him as he buries more his face on my shoulder.

Having his ear near my lips, I whispered.

“So what if they make a move on me, which is I am not very sure of. I think it's all in your imagination. Regardless, I will still choose you, only you.”

His stiff body loosened as he leaned back to meet my eyes, a smile is slowly forming in his lips, until both his eyes, too, are smiling. This is how my P'Mew should look like.

But as fast as the lightning, his expression changed, giving me more of a smirking with flirtatious motive in his face.

“I knew it. Your neck smells better up close. It's made just for my nose to smell and lips to spoil with kisses.”

My cheeks heated up, that I was left with no words to escape from my mouth.

“P'Mewwww!?” I screamed as I try to cover my neck with both my hands but what's the use, when he's already been here?

With this tall guy next to me brought back to his old self, we decided to continue our delayed agenda which is our ice cream. I think I really need that ice cream now for I have been feeling so hot since P'Mew talked about my neck. I suddenly got conscious about it. I think I need more time to scrub it during shower so that the next time he buries his face on my shoulder, I will not be bother of how it smells. Yikes.

P'Mew is already paying for the ice creams. I told him to get different flavors so I can taste them by having a bite on his, in case he bought only two. I am just sitting here waiting for P'Mew to return. I was surprised when he returned with a plastic bag full of ice cream. I didn't know he'd buy all the flavors available. As if we can finish them all???

“Truly, cookies 'n cream is my favorite flavor.”

I looked at P'Mew who's eating the ice cream with his teeth. I suddenly felt this disturbing feeling when biting into an ice cream. How could he not flinch when eating like that?

“Hey, P'Mew, don't eat like that. You're making me uncomfortable.”

He looked at me puzzled but still continues biting into his ice cream. Fuck.

I grabbed his hand to stop him from eating his ice cream and was eventually received a glaring from his eyes in return.

“You should eat it like this, P'.”

I showed him I eat my ice cream. Sticking my tongue out as it glides against the ice cream. I suddenly heard a soft laughter that slowly transforming into a burst in laughter. I glared at him as if there were laser beams in my eyes but it takes no effect at the laughing gorilla in front me. Left with no choice, I kicked his feet under the table which immediately made him stop laughing. I raised an eyebrow at him when he gave me the look.

“You look like--”
“Continue or you die?”

We finished half of the ice creams and decided to take the leftovers home. We are now on our way to my dorm since he insisted of taking me home. He's still teasing me over that stupid ice cream. There will be no more ice cream party soon. I swear it.

When we reached my dorm, he asked for a glass of water so I invited him inside.

New, my new roommate, wait how  redundant of that. I'll just go by his name, New. I can see that he's settled most of his things already and is currently on his table, with a lamp on. He's probably working on some school stuffs.

I gave P'Mew a glass of water and drank it. I, too, drank a glass of water because eating too much ice cream made us feel thirsty.

No words are heard inside the room not until New started to open his mouth.

“By the way, I am an Architecture student.” he then looked at P'Mew. “If you don't mind, I hate visitors especially around this time. If you know what I mean.”

Again, without hearing our reply, he turned back to his workplace and continued drawing.

I can feel that P'Mew is getting annoyed by now.

“Sorry, this will not happen again.” I told New as I try to pull P'Mew to get going. There will be fight if P'Mew lost it, I can smell it. Besides, New got the right to say those because he now lives here. I just hoped he said that in a nice way.

“Just don't mind New, nah? P'? Nah nah nah?”

“Next time he talked rude to me, again, I don't know what I can do to him. He's really getting into my nerves.”

He's about to march back to my room when I have stopped him.

“Just don't mind him, P'. The likes of him don't exist in our world. It's only us, okay?

You and me.”

***

Please vote and comment. Thank you.