thirty three

Third Person's POV

Days have passed and Gulf has already been feeling better than ever. Not to mention that he's got the best caregiver in the world. And that's Mew.

From the moment Gulf opened his eyes, Mew is already there to support Gulf in anything that he needs. Gulf is actually treated like a prince but at some point he hates it. He doesn't want to be served. He doesn't want to burden others for his own comfort but he can't do anything about it because the people around him still thinks he needs more time to recover his strength.

And to do that, he is receiving therapy.

"Take it slowly, Gulf, okay?"

It is Mew. He is supporting Gulf as he stretches his long legs that have been sleeping for quite some time.

"What do you think of me? A baby? I can walk on my own---"

Right at that moment, Gulf lost his balance. He couldn't stop his body from falling but good thing there's these two powerful, veiny hands of Mew, ready to catch him.

"Why? Can't walk or not, you're still my baby. Old enough or not, you're still my baby. Whatever you may be, you will forever stay my baby. Keep that in my mind, okay? And please, don't be so stubborn. If you keep rejecting my help, I will go and find someone who actually needs it."

There's a bit of silliness coated with seriousness in Mew's face as he try to deceive the other guy.

Gulf threw a stern look at Mew.

"You can?"

Mew knows for sure that he can't. He can't leave Gulf and more above that, he can't find someone better as his lover. Gulf is like a limited edition that he wants only for himself.

"Of course."

There was a sudden change in Gulf's face right after he heard Mew's answer but suddenly tones up into a brighter yet shy smile as soon as he heard the next line.

"Of course, I can't. How can I leave my baby when I know for sure that he will cry once I'm gone?"

Gulf is shy, to be honest. But he enjoys the feeling. The feeling of being in love. Mew, on the other hand, can't help but to smile seeing Gulf being all shy like that. He's cute when he's like that, though.

They decided to take a sit when they saw a bench. As usual, Mew supported Gulf to sit comfortably, which goes without saying.

"P'Mew."

It always feels like the first time whenever Gulf is calling Mew. The tingling that flows inside him is still as fresh as when they started dating.

Mew looked at Gulf, waiting for him to speak.

"I've read them."

Out of nowhere, Gulf started. A little confused, Mew's brows met while still staring at the guy who started the conversation by calling his name.

"I've read all you messages when I was still in a coma."

The sudden rush of tears visited Gulf's eyes. But he is trying his best to hold them back. He doesn't want to show Mew that he is such a crybaby. Actually, there is no need for that because Mew already knew him, as in everything about him. Including being such a crybaby.

"I don't know what to say. When I first saw them, I told myself not to cry but as I read more of them, the more my eyes get wetter." He paused for a while, eyes still on the ground. So afraid to meet Mew's eyes. "Thank you, P', for never leaving my side. For always thinking about me first before yourself even if things turned that way. Thank you for keeping your promise of never leaving me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for everything and I am sorry for leaving you like that. I can't imagine how miserable it was for you during those times. Thank you for being strong even though I was not there. I actually said I don't know what to say but look at me now, blabbering too much."