Crushing? Or Obsession?

Scorpio's POV

Sure, I was the one that fought, air quote, Mistress Beautiful, but I didn't start it!

Who knew she couldn't take a little teasing?

"And then, I tried to talk to her again after class, but you know what she said? 'Don't talk to me.' What am I gonna do?" Aquarius sighs, burying his head in his hands.

Capricorn gazes that the drink. His eyebrows furrow into a deep valley on his forehead. "Don't you think you are being too desperate?" he comments.

Exactly. We all knew Aquarius has a massive crush on Libra for the longest time, but whatever we ask him why he likes her, he'd just say "She's wonderful." and smiles to himself.

Even as his friend, that's creepy as fuck.

"Yeah, all for a pretty face as well." I take a sip from the drink, "Just give up already. Why are you so worked up? And what are you gonna do if she does like you, huh? Freak out and call it a day?"

It bothers me when guys are like that, always pinning over things for its superficiality. What would he gain from wooing a pretty face, anyway? Bragging rights? Respect from other guys? Impress other girls?

Or thinking it would fill up a void inside him?

Though it is annoying, I don't mind he has a thing for Libra. Whatever relationship they'd have has nothing to do with me. But he has to get his priorities straight!

"Look, I'm not any good when it comes to this sort of thing." Capricorn mutters, "Just give her some space and try again next week or so."

"And don't come to me for help, given how that went," I add.

Capricorn nods, "It was a terrible idea."

"Really, you shouldn't put me anywhere near them."

"Alright! Alright! I hear you." Aquarius blurts out.

I let out a sigh. It's so difficult to talk to him when he is like this. I mean, fair, we're not being the most helpful people here, but what can we do?

Aquarius doesn't seem to be willing to talk. Capricorn breaks the silence, "By the way, the drink's pretty nice. You said it's a new recipe?"

"Yep." I smile with pride, "Orion imported some new liquor, so I experimented a bit. Good stuff, huh?"

"The flavors could be richer."

"It's a cocktail." I stress, "If I do make it richer, it'd be too heavy."

"Forget it. I'm leaving."

It was Aquarius.

"Wait, what about Libra?" The two of us watch him. Without a word, he gets up and grabs his bag.

I get up and follow him, but his gaze avoids mine. Did we say something that angered him?

I grab his shoulder and pull him, forcing him to stay in place. "Hey, if you have something on your mind, spit it!"

With his back still facing Capricorn and me, he mutters with a toneless voice, "Just, forget I said anything."

A strong shove pushes me away from him. I try to grab him again, but with a swift turn, he dodges my grip and quietly makes his way to the door. I chase after him, but

"Leave him be." Capricorn cries, "It's fine."

I stop at the door, and listen to his footsteps marching away from Snakes & Snacks.

And all I could manage is a sigh.

Aquarius' POV

What am I even doing here? I thought talking to Scorpio and Capricorn would give me some clues as to what to do, but now, I'm even more confused.

Do I really look that desperate to them? 

It is as though the clouds have run away from the sky. The sun blazes with all his fiery while he positions himself to be the center of the skies. The autumn breeze riots and protests in the air, but their efforts are pale against the mighty sun. Reign in dominance, he claims the sky as his.

Between the narrow spaces on the streets, the air cooks and boils which, thanks to the alcohol from Scorpio's drink, feels more suffocating than usual.

I don't want to go back to the dorms or Snakes & Snacks, so I wander among the walls of stone until they open to wide, open space. In the circular plaza, a small field of brilliant green grass centers around a tiny juice stand. Groups of people, old and young, rest upon the protruding, gentle bumps around the spaces of green like mountains embracing the valley.

Now, this is the kind of place I need to be.

The grass is stiff, tickling and poking through the thin fabric of my shirt. With a glass of iced juice in one hand (though my bladder wouldn't thank me for it), I lay onto the artificial grass and take in a whiff of air. Perhaps it's because they're freed from the confines of walls, a single breath smells all the more liberating. The busy chatter in the background buzz away into a harmony of white noises.

As I settle down to the safe space in my head, all I can think of is the conversations since yesterday. 

Desperate, huh? I admit, ever since the day I realized I have feelings for Libra, she is all I could think about. Her smiles, her voice, something about them just gravitate me towards her. Just the thought of being around her fills me with immense anticipation, anticipation of what would've happened if we're,  well... a 'thing.'

But that's normal! Everyone does that when they're into someone, right? Even psychology claims having a crush is a form of obsession!

I paid attention to class. Now, take that!

Honestly, I was genuinely hoping they would give me some advice. Sure, neither one of them has any experience with relationships, like me, but surely, they'd have some kind of insight or ideas! Instead, they dismissed it and just told me what I did wrong.

Like, I didn't even intend to look for Scorpio in that break time! I just so happened to bump into her and she asked!

Ughhhhhhhh. End me.

With a lazy turn of my head, I catch a glimpse of a couple chattering steps away from me. They're sitting close to each other against the green hills, exchanging juices, and bantering like they've known each other forever.

Look at them. They look so comfortable with each other. That guy doesn't even flinch around her.

I remember I used to be just as comfortable around her when I first met her. It was an art class, and we're both freshmen in Zodiac High. We'd chat throughout the entirety of the lesson...

What happened since then? What changed?

Just as I am lost in thoughts, a loud beep rings followed by a buzz in my pocket. Curious, I reach into in and pull out my phone. On its screen, it says there's a message from Gemini.

Without a second thought, I instinctively go to my inbox, only to be greeted by a shocking sight.

"DUDE! DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS!?!?!?"

My eyes glued to the image above Gemini's panicked message. Suddenly, my brain jumbled into a confused mess as it tries to make sense of what it sees.

It is a screenshot of an Instagram post,

Where Libra is embraced by Leo, in a fairytale-like garden.