Old Habits

As Bianca Watched The Ambulance Take Her Mother Away She Knew It Was Time For Her To Go Back To Rehab. Even Though She Wasn't Aware Of How Long It Had Been Going On, She Knew That She Didnt Want It To Get Worse. Was God Punishing Her Or Was It All Just A Coincidence. Why Was Everything Bad Happening To Her All Of A Sudden? First She Got Pregnant, Then Found Out She Caught Two Diseases From The Man She Loved, And Now Her Mother Was Back Doing Heroin. It Was Just Too Much For Bee To Handle And She Could Tell It Was Putting Stress On The Baby As Well Because She Had Been Having Stomach Pains Ever Since She Found Her Mom Laying There.

***

"Is There Anything I Can Do," She Asked one Of The Nurses.

"Not Really Hun, I'm Sorry. We Gave Her Meds And Now We Just Have To Wait For Her To Wake Up."

They Had Been At The Hospital For About 45mins Now And Her Mother Still Hadn't Woke Up. Bianca Kneeled Beside The Hospital Bed And Began Talking To Her Mom As She Held Her Hand.

"Listen Ma, I Don't Hate You, Or Blame You For Any Of This. I Just Wished You Would've Came And Talked To Me If You Felt Your Craving Coming Back. You Were Doing So Good. I'm Still Proud Of You For Staying Clean For So Long. I Know It Couldn't Have Been Easy, But You Don't Have To Go Through It Alone. I Remember You Telling Me About Uncle Ryan And How He Raped You And You Got Pregnant With A Baby Girl And After You Gave Birth, You Just Couldn't Handle The Pressure. What Was It This Time That Caused Your Relapse? Why Didn't You Come To Me? Who Gave It To You?"

Bianca Wiped The Tears From Her Cheeks. She Didn't Care About Any Of The Answers To Her Questions, She Just Wanted Her Mom To Wake Up. She Knew It Wasn't Advised, But She Didnt Care. She Eased Herself Onto The Hospital Bed And Placed Her Head On Her Mother's Chest. She Refused To Leave Her Side. All Her Life She Thought Her Mom Was Dead, She Was Not Going To Give Up On This Time They Had Together, Regardless How Toxic or Chaotic.

Bee Had Cried Herself To Sleep. She Woke Up With A Blanket And Still Laying Next To Her Coma-Stated Mother. Why Wasn't She Waking Up. It Had Been A Little Over Two Hours Since The Medication. Bianca Placed Her Head Back Down And Said A Silent Prayed Before Falling Back To Sleep.

***

It Was Nearly 7 o'clock In The Morning When The Nurses Did Their Rounds Again. By This Time, Her Mom Was Starting To Slowly Come To.

"Mama Can You Hear Me?

"She May Not Be Able To Talk Just Yet, But At Least She's Waking Up." Said One Of The Nurses.

"Mama I Love You So Much Okay! Even If You Can't Talk Right Now, Squeeze My Hand And Let Me Know You Love Me Too."

She Didn't Move.

"You Love Me Don't You Mama,"

Before Bee Could Finish Her Sentence Her Mom Responded And Said, "And You Know This Mannnnn."

Bee Couldn't Help But To Cry While She Laughed. At Least She Knew Her Mom Was Her Old Self. She Still Wanted To Have A Talk About Sending Her Back To Rehab Just For A Few Weeks To Make Sure She Was Fully Okay, But For Now She Had One Concern..

"Mama How Did You Get The Heroin?"

"Sweetheart Ya Mama Used To Be The Biggest Heroin Addict In Town. I Always Get What I Want."

"You Know What I Mean Ma! Who Gave It To You? Who Has BEEN Giving It To You? Even Back Then.. Tell Me."

Her Mother Looked At Her With So Much Hurt. How Could She Have Betrayed Her Daughter. She Knew She Had To Do Better.. She Looked At Her With Concern.

"If I Tell You Where I Got It, Promise Me You Won't Do Anything Crazy. I Don't Want You Involved With Them At All... I MEAN IT BIANCA!"

Bianca Looked At Her Mom. She Wanted To Stab Whoever It Was, But She Shook Her Head In Compliance To The Fact That She Wouldn't Do Anything..

"My Old Supplier Was A Guy Named Marco He Made Sure I Was Straight Everyday. When He Got Involved With His New Lady, He Got Out The Game.. Now I Get It From His Younger Business Partner Black..."

Bee's Mouth Dropped Open As She Looked At Her Mother. Not Only Could She Not Believe What She Was Hearing, But Reno Was Her Heroin Supplier All Along?!