xii: manchester

that night, none of them fell asleep on jurnee's bed. jurnee created a fort for them, she begged yoongi to say yes as they watched disney+. they watched that's so raven and had hot chocolate with toasted smores. jurnee fell asleep first and yoongi wanted to fall asleep, too. however, he couldn't just leave mess and her laptop out.

so yoongi powered off her laptop and took the dirty dishes to the kitchen and nearly flinched so hard once he saw jurnee's mother at the dining table, "what are you still doing up, don't you have a long drive tomorrow?"

yoongi answered, "yes i do, but jurnee and i ended up watching a show as you can see she fell asleep on me." jurnee's mother laughed wholeheartedly as she took the dishes from yoongi, "i cannot say i'm surprised, she's not one to stay awake during movies. i'll wash the dishes, go sleep."

"but—"

"no más hablar, yoongi," jurnee's mother sternly said, "you need to sleep for a safe drive. goodnight."

yoongi smiled a little and nodded, "goodnight, madre."

for breakfast, jurnee's mother made breakfast burritos with atole (a traditional mexican drink for breakfast) which yoongi thoroughly enjoyed. jurnee's mother played merengue music as they talked during breakfast. it felt like yoongi and jurnee had to promise her fifty times that they'd be careful. she made sure to pack them some food and chamoyada.

yoongi and jurnee already took their showers and brushed their teeth when they woke up. yoongi also watched as jurnee kept ranting and raving about how she didn't find her bonnet and how she was mad she slept without it. luckily, the bonnet was under her bed.

"remember to wear your seatbelts!" was what jurnee's mother said when they were ready to leave. "please, please, call me when you reach. te quiero mucho, mantente a salvo. gracias yoongi, you're welcome any time." (i love you so much, stay safe.)  jurnee hugged her mother, "yo también te quiero, madre." (i love you too.)

"thank you, madre." yoongi said genuinely with a smile and he didn't expect to get pulled into the hug with jurnee's mother. once they pulled away, yoongi took jurnee's mini suitcase to put inside of his trunk. jurnee was left standing in front of her mother.

"i love you, madre," jurnee told her mother with a smile, "thank you for allowing me to go."

"well, you're not a bebè anymore."

jurnee laughed, "aunque siempre seré tu bebé, mami." (i'll always be your baby though, mommy.)

"¡sé que sé! ahora vete, tu novio está esperando." (i know, i know! now go, your boyfriend is waiting for you.)

jurnee spluttered and gasped, "mami, él no es mi novio!" (mommy, he's not my boyfriend!)

jurnee's mother only shrugged with a laugh, "fine, but i know a crush when i see one! you stay safe and remember to call me and to eat!"

"i will, madre!"

jurnee gave her mom one last hug and a kiss on her cheek before she ran off to get into the passenger side of yoongi's red mercedes, he already had the door open for her. "thank you for opening the door. you didn't have to do that."

"it's a nice thing to do," yoongi told her with a smile before he closed the passenger door and went into the driver's seat. they both waved goodbye to jurnee's mother that was standing in front of her door after their seatbelts were on and yoongi started the car. jurnee was like an adventurous child as she stared out the window. she couldn't believe that she was actually leaving london.