xx: hot latte

jurnee took a deep breath as she walked into the pristine starbucks at 4:35. she wasn't expecting charles to be there before her but the white boy with wavy hair and hazel eyes waved her over to the table he was sitting at. jurnee ambled to the table and pulled a chair from across him to sit.

"so how are you?"

jurnee forced a little smile while she answered, "very busy. and you?"

"i've been living," charles spoke with his strong accent, "been thinking a lot and everything. oh and here." charles carefully placed the iced vanilla latte in front of jurnee. "i know it's your favorite so i got you this. what's on your mind, beautiful?"

jurnee stared at the latte then at the guy. she felt anger, sadness, but most of all betrayal. "what did you think when you first saw me? when you first landed your eyes on me, what did you think? what made you talk to me?"

"you're just gorgeous," charles answered simply as he poked his straw in his violet drink refresher, "you were always smiling. i don't think you smile as much anymore though. but that's what i thought."

"why do you think i don't smile anymore?" jurnee kept her voice calm. even when she felt the raging thoughts and the hurt in her chest. she didn't even want to drink the latte. "did you think it was okay to lie to me? why did you lie to me?"

"about what?"

jurnee scoffed, "what do you mean about what?!" jurnee felt the tears trickling down her heated cheeks but she didn't care. she wanted charles to see how hurt she was. "you told me you were 19 when i was 17! you told me that you wouldn't hurt me?! you lied to me, you never took me on a date, you never called me sweet petnames, you didn't want to be my boyfriend anymore because i didn't touch your dick. what the fuck do you mean about what?! why me?! why a minor?! why would you do that to me?!"

everyone around started to look at them and jurnee didn't care. her vision was blurry as she felt more resentment in her body thrumming with desire to be released. charles only whispered, "hey, keep it down. we could've done this at my place and—"

"i would never go back to your place, you fucking RAPIST," jurnee watched as charles flinched, "that's what you are! you are a rapist! you lied to me about your age, about EVERYTHING, i was only in high school and you were TWENTY FIVE. you were TWENTY FIVE making out with me, begging me to give you my virginity. how many other girls have you done this to?! you are a pedophile, a rapist, a fucked up individual, and i want you to burn in hell—actually—" jurnee released a sob, "you won't even see god, you won't even see his face, you won't even be directly sent to judgment, you're going straight to hell!"

jurnee knew snot was soon gonna come from her nose so she quickly grabbed a napkin from the table, just in case. "i felt dirty and i felt like i needed you. you manipulated me multiple times and tried to make me dependent on you but guess what? i'm fine without you, i'm fine without anyone, but i met someone. i met someone who highlighted how great of a person i am. so fuck you and fuck you for trying to destroy me, but you lost. you lost your morals and humanity—if you even had any. and you lost your fucking mind to ever do this."

"watch your mouth, jurnee," charles got up and got closer to her. jurnee stood tall with her fists formed, "you don't talk to me like that."

"hey, back up from her!" some lady chimed and some other people tried to.

jurnee only looked charles straight in his eyes as she mouthed to him, "pedophile." that ticked him off because his hand quickly grabbed jurnee's neck and he squeezed with all he could and pushed her up against the wall. jurnee felt her chest caving in and saw people around her to help her. jurnee used her acrylic nails to gauge at his face mainly his eyes and in a split second used so much force to kick his shin.