xviii: fancy you

jurnee felt like shit. she didn't care that yoongi rejected her, jurnee was actually happy that yoongi did. she saw that charles had hit her phone up in the middle of her movie night with yoongi. jurnee had a moment of weakness but she ended up blocking charles number and trying to compensate her hurt by clinging onto yoongi. jurnee didn't feel great about it and the next day she felt terrible but she wasn't ready to talk about it.

"good morning," yoongi had said once jurnee was finally out of the room she was staying in, "are you hungry? i made breakfast." jurnee shook her head, "uh, i, i'm going to be hanging out with my friends today. so, un, no. thank you though, see you later!"

"what do you mean you kissed him?!"

jurnee sighed as she corrected faith, "i didn't kiss him. i tried to, i kept leaning closer to him. i feel so bad." jurnee had her forehead in her hands. she was very stressed, almost as stressed as she'd be during exam season.

konnie rubbed soothing circles on jurnee's back, "do you like him, baby j?" jurnee looked up, sighed, but nodded. she fancies yoongi more than a girl can fancy jewelry, more than yoongi fancies cars and music. "i do. which is why this is all so complicated."

"it isn't," faith shook her head, "you don't like charles anymore so why would it be complicated with yoongi?"

"because," jurnee said then took a bite out of egg, cheese, and sausage muffin, "i'm not healed. i'm not ready for another relationship and i don't know if yoongi likes me back. i don't wanna scare him off."

"i doubt you'll scare him off," faith assured jurnee, "just talk to him. he's a good guy. don't be scared of rejection, rejection is better than unanswered questions or unresolved feelings, j."

jurnee was leaving manchester and she was sad. she was sad for a number of reasons. one of the reasons jurnee felt sad was because her and yoongi still weren't necessarily talking from the "jurnee tried to kiss yoongi" incident. yoongi was uncomfortable because of the silence, he was desperate to hear SOMETHING from jurnee. even if it was gonna be her annoying ass rapping to nicki minaj

once they reached jurnee's home, it was storming. they reached jurnee's london's house around four pm and yoongi was ready to drive back to manchester but jurnee's mother insisted that he stayed. she told him the weather was too dangerous to drive in. yoongi was glad he had a night out bag in his trunk for emergencies in case his car broke down or he was lost.

it took two hours for yoongi and jurnee to talk. jurnee was in her room and yoongi was having a conversation with her mother in the living room. jurnee sighed and got up to enter the living room and cleared her throat to get both of their attention.

"may i borrow yoongi, madre?"

her mother quickly nodded and gestured for yoongi to go to jurnee, "yes, go, go ahead and talk!" jurnee forced a little smile on her face as yoongi stood up and looked at madre, "thanks for the talk, madre."

"anytime," madre smiled then looked at jurnee, "go speak to jurnee, she doesn't like to show it but she is impatient."

yoongi followed jurnee to her room with a concerned facial expression and once they reached her room, she sat down on the edge of her bed. "i'm sorry that i came up on you like that," jurnee frowned with her fingers playing with the fabric of her sweater, "my intention this whole trip wasn't to do that, i apologize."

yoongi nodded as he stood in front of the door, "it was very sudden. i didn't know what to do but you're an amazing person. you don't have to rush into anything. especially if you're not ready for it."

jurnee looked up at her smooth, white ceiling before she informingly said, "charles actually texted me that night. he said that he missed me and i'm happy that i just blocked his number. that's when i tried to kiss you— after i got that message because i just—i know i like you, you're a great guy. but, i just want this process of me being hurt to be done so i can really like you without complications and doubts."

yoongi smiled as he made his way to sit by jurnee, "i like you, too. how about we wait? i'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes." jurnee looked yoongi with her eyes wide and her mouth open. "wait? for me? you'd actually do that?"

"yeah," yoongi said full of authenticity, "i would. we'll talk about it more in the future but i'd wait for you because to be quite honest with you, j. i fancy you and your horrid rapping to nicki minaj."

"well," jurnee couldn't fight her smile as she looked down at her painted toes, "i fancy you, too."

sorry for the long wait

story is close to finished

please vote for the chapter

10 votes=update