xiii: the rooftop

jurnee met up with konnie and faith the following day that she arrived in manchester. there were a lot of tears and hugs involved but the three friends were too happy. yoongi noticed that jurnee was dressed and asked her where she was going and when she said that she was gonna get on a taxi to see her friends, he quickly shut that down. it was hard to reject yoongi's offers. so, jurnee took the offer of him driving twenty-five minutes to drop her off at the coffee shop that she was meeting her friends at.

"don't forget to tell me when you're done with your friends," yoongi reminded jurnee when he pulled up at the front of the coffee shop, "i don't want you to be stranded." jurnee nodded with a smile, "thanks for doing this. you didn't have to, i'll see you later. please drive safely."

jurnee got out of the car and entered the coffee shop. what she didn't expect were her friends to be at the table closest to the door. konnie and faith quickly got up from the table to hug their friend tightly. "YOU'RE HERE!"

jurnee giggled as she felt the waterworks coming, "I AM! I MISSED YOU GUYS, OH MY GOD!" faith used a napkin from her purse to wipe jurnee's tears, "you cannot be crying, you'll ruin your makeup!" jurnee looked at her friend fondly as she held onto them tighter. it took about two minutes for konnie to suggest them to sit down. jurnee knew that the attention was on them but she didn't care. it had been YEARS since she had seen her best friends in the flesh.

"so we saw the guy," faith said as soon as they sat down, "he's hot, what the fuck! how did you manage to get a hot guy before us?" jurnee picked up a menu that was on the table to cover half of her face and murmured, "oh please, it's not like that!"

konnie scoffed as she looked at jurnee, "he looked at you like he wanted to protect you from all the madmen in the world." jurnee's eyes widened but then she quickly looked down at the menu, "soo i am thinking of getting the red velvet hot cocoa. what about you guys?"

konnie and faith shared a look towards each other then picked up their menus. they all ordered cookies with their drinks. jurnee got her red velvet hot cocoa with chocolate chip cookies, konnie got chamomile tea with oatmeal raisin cookies, and faith got a caramel frappe with sugar cookies. the three friends chatted animatedly while they ate, took pictures, and even paid for a taxi to take them to a mall. which jurnee secretly hated because she knew that the last few funds she had were going to be gone. jurnee hated using her card so she preferred having physical money.

at the mall, the girls went to the salon that was in the mall. despite jurnee's resistance, the girls treated jurnee to the salon that was in the mall. they all got lash extensions, manicures, and pedicures. they all made sure to get white toes and some different nail designs for their manicure. however, they all came to the conclusion that jurnee had the best.

"my eyes are burning," jurnee blinked her eyes repetitively when the stepped out the salon, "we're done now, right?" it took a while for them to even leave because konnie mentioned eyebrows and it was a good thing jurnee already had be brows micro...

"my eyes are burning," jurnee blinked her eyes repetitively when the stepped out the salon, "we're done now, right?" it took a while for them to even leave because konnie mentioned eyebrows and it was a good thing jurnee already had be brows microbladed and shaded from a few months before.