xxiii: sprout

a month after jurnee's heated conversation with yoongi, she did stay in contact with him. yoongi on the other hand was just liking messages she'd send, he didn't say much back. jurnee couldn't continue to stress herself out so she just stopped texting him all together to continue to focus on herself.

other then that, jurnee was surprisingly doing well. charles was found guilty of all his charges and was sent to prison for thirty seven years which made jurnee feel relieved. she kept in contact with her mom. also made plans to go visit her mom with daniella, konnie, and faith since they were such good friends. speaking of friends, jurnee met two more people which was ian and luci who also became good friends with her. they both are a couple and met jurnee in one of their classes together.

luci was an afro latina from brazil but moved to manchester when she twelve. luci was majoring in biology to become a dna analyst. ian was from liverpool but moved to manchester when he was seventeen. jurnee learned about ian a lot. he used to get in trouble a lot and struggled with substance abuse and had detrimental health from it. he's a few months clean from drugs and studying to major in communications.

"so you guys are leaving tomorrow?" ian asked as the group of friends were having a picnic at the park.

"yeah," jurnee answered as picked out some green grapes to put in her foam cup, "it's the least i can do for my mom. she's been very supportive of me."

"well," damien smiled at jurnee as he said, "you got our support with anything you do in your nicki minaj crazed life."

they didn't take jurnee's car back to london. daniella had a ford explorer that had more space than jurnee's toyota. jurnee sat in the front while konnie and faith were in the backseat. jurnee found herself laughing every five minutes with the girls that she called her friends. of course, it's not a road trip without singing or rapping.

"i think the one way we find out if you're okay or not is by nicki minaj," faith joked as everyone in the car laughed, "what's the closest pit stop?"

"we've only been on the road for forty-something minutes," daniella said as she continued to drive, "we'll be at a pitstop soon. do you have to pee or something?"

"more like i need to stretch my legs, but it's okay!"

they had to make about five stops so that faith could stretch her legs. jurnee joked about how she'll never be with her for another road trip, they all made tik toks at a park in london on their way to jurnee's home, and they all made sure to stop at a cornerstore for more snacks.

jurnee's mom already had food prepared for them once they walked through the door. "konnie and faith, nice to see you girls again!" madre hugged them then turned to daniella. "you must be daniella? jurnee has said great things about you, thank you for sticking by her side."

daniella responded back, "es un placer, ella es una gran persona." (it's my pleasure, she's a great person.)

"oh wow," madre gaped which everyone laughed at madre's reaction, "that's amazing. i'm sure you girls are hungry so i'm preparing a meal. please, get settled."

after all the girls took their showers and changed into loungewear, they joined madre at the table. madre's mother went wild in the kitchen. jurnee's friends all gaped at the food that seemed to feed fifteen people. chicken fajitas, yellow rice, grilled chicken wings, white rice with black beans. strawberry mango mangonada smoothies with gummy worms on top, water bottles, sprites, and organic fruit juices. as for the snacks, madre prepared arrez con leches and tortilla chips with green and red salsa, jalepeño ranch dip, and guacamole.

"don't look frightened!" madre said with a smile. "i made enough for you guys to take back to manchester. you'll never find a meal like this."

madre got to learn more about konnie, faith, and daniella through the dinner. they even played monopoly together once they finished and cleaned up. konnie won so madre made her a cocktail. overall, it was a lovely night but jurnee couldn't sleep.

jurnee woke up at three in the middle of the morning with daniella beside her. daniella was sound asleep with her arms clutching onto the teddy bear that jurnee had as a child. jurnee learned that daniella had insomnia after three weeks of being her roommate so she loved to cuddle teddy bears. jurnee took a deep breath as she left her room and walked into the kitchen.

"what're you doing up?"

madre looked up from her book and laughed, "debería preguntarte eso. what's the matter? come and sit with me." (i should be asking you that.)

"eh," jurnee pouted as she looked at her mom, "i miss yoongi."

"miss him?" madre folded the upper corner of her page and closed her book. "are you talking about yoongi?" jurnee nodded as madre sighed loudly. "why are you not talking to him?"

jurnee told her madre everything as she tried her best to not cry. everything felt hard for her but she missed yoongi and she didn't want to keep waiting anymore. jurnee wasn't one hundred percent healed but she knew that she wanted yoongi and that she could handle a relationship.

"i guess i'm just scared for his reaction," jurnee picked at the skin surrounding the nail on her thumb, "like what if he—"

"eh eh," madre shook her head, "no what ifs. in no way am i telling you when to be ready to be in relationship but if you're suffering being without him, how come you don't just be with him? when you get back to manchester, talk to him. he cares about you and plus i made a lot of food so how about you guys talk with a nice meal?"

jurnee took a deep breath and thought about what her mother said. if she was putting herself through pain by being without him then maybe it was time for her to finally be official with him.

here are the face claims

queen madre

queen madre