Chapter 3.

Lana Pov.

The sun was coming in through the window, dang I forgot to close the curtains last night. I mean at least I have a few more minutes to chill at home before going to school. Ugh school again; another full day of trouble. I grabbed my phone that was sitting on my bedside table. As soon as I powered it on my phone started blowing up.

I don't quite know why thought. Maybe the dumb people at school are spreading rumors or something again. Whenever they do I make sure to take a quick look at it so I know what to somewhat expect today. However they were not rumors, they weren't people shaming me, it was my song. The song I forgot about.

With my post getting tons of likes came a lot of tagged pictures and videos. Dang why did I think this was a good idea; people at school are going to have another thing to make fun of me. And now it is something I love and care a lot about.

Since I only had a half hour to get to school I started to get ready for the day. Once again baggy black sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt with "Okay..." on it. Then I grabbed my chunky sneakers to complete it. I had a few minutes left before I should start to leave so I pulled up my post and looked at the comments. So many people were saying Billie liked it, however I doubt she ever saw this. She is on tour right now so their no way.

Half of the comments are about her so I decided to go where you can see who liked your photo. The first likes were nothing special; then the tenth like or so was her. She saw my post, how is this possible. She doesn't have the time to just go through and see a post of a song I wrote. I'm sure she is tagged in so many posts, but why mine?

I looked up to check the time. Dang I was on my phone longer than I was supposed to. Now I only have three minutes to get to school. It takes me three minutes to get their in a car. Since I knew I would be a few minutes late I made sure to call the main office before I left. This is a great way to start the day; I roll my eyes at myself.

Now that I called saying I was going to be a few minutes late I started to head out. As I started walking I put in one earbud, not two. I wanted to be able to hear the cars coming; I was not going to get killed today, well hopefully. Since I'm late which I never am it will probably be getting teased or some other shit. Great just what I wanted.

By the time I got to school it was second period. Great now I have to get my work from first period and answer millions of questions. First I went to get my stuff I would need for the first half of the day. Then I arrived to second period. We were working on a project, well I was working alone while everyone was in a group. Since we were only working on a project I asked if I could get my work for first period.

Of course he said yes because he always wants to have his students on top of their work. Not going to lie, I really can't stand second period. That class is the most boring class ever. I walked for about a minute until I reached the class door. Since I didn't know what they were doing I made sure to knock. Once I got the okay to come in I stepped into the room.

Dang it, it was the sophomores in class. The whole time I was in their they just stared at me. Since I just wanted to get out I speed walked to the teachers desk to get the work I missed. Thank god I didn't miss much, it was just presentations. Then he hit me with the question "why weren't you at my class?" To that I responded "Well I was busy with some family stuff and before I knew it, I only had three minutes to get here. No one could drive me and it is a forty five minute walk to get here, so I ended up being late. I'm really sorry." After I explained to him I just looked down at my shoes.

He dismissed me and told me to go back to class. Thank god I can't hand being with the sophomores. They are the ones that pretty much rule my school so now my situation will be so much worse.

****Time Skip****

Finally it was last period. Today wasn't that bad but wasn't great either. Yes I have been getting laughed at, pointed at, and ended up being in a fight once but it wasn't unusual. To me this is normal. But at the end of seventh period everyone was silent and staring at me. For what I don't know. Then I heard it, the song I wrote and sung was playing off of someones phone.

Why did this have to happen to me? Now they are going to make fun of me for another thing. I was just waiting for someone to say something but no one did. What the heck? Is what I thought to myself.
This guy then blurted out "She can fucking sing dude." Everyone just nodded in agreement. By then I was super confused. Someone else said "Guess what dude? Billie saw it and posted it on her story." Can this day just be over? I want to go home and just lay their in my thoughts, the thoughts that may kill me.

The bell rang and by then I was running out of the school. I would have ran home but since I live on a hill it wasn't the greatest idea. All I could do is walk up the hill and where it was flatter start to run.

Between me running and walking it only took ten minutes compared to the forty five minute walk. Dang that's a record in my book. I opened up the door and saw something I really didn't want to see. It was my whole family just sitting there staring at me. What the heck did they want now?

"What you guys want?" I said with a little bit of an attitude. My mom stood up and said" I know what you posted last night." "How did you find out about it?" I asked curiously. Then my annoying sister piped up and said "Well you should know of all people." I rolled my eyes as far back as they could go. "Sorry but I'm confused." "Your so dumb Lana." my sister blurted out. By then I was ready to run up to my room and just scream. "Everyone in school has been talking about it. Your so dumb Lana. I can't believe I'm even related to you." she scoffed. "I'm sorry that I'm related to you. I'm sorry that all your "friends" don't know I'm your sister. If they did they would drop you right onto your fake ass."

"Enough" my dad screamed. Ally (my sister) ran up to her room. Wow that's a surprise she's actually staying home for once. "Okay now you guys can answer my question. How did you find out about it?" I questioned them. "We were watching an award show last night and this girl named Billie Eilish talked about you. She said how you posted a song and how she was blown away by it." they said with an annoyed tone. "Oh, I didn't know about that. I only found out that she saw my post last period because people were talking about it." "Whatever, go do whatever you need to do."

I ran up the stairs not saying a word to anyone else. As soon as I got up to my room I started crying. For what I don't know, maybe it's the fact that now my whole family and school knows about the song. Now everyone knows how my life is complete hell. Why did I post that. It was already too late to take down; everyone has seen it already and reposted it. The song is on all of the social media platforms, it's just too late.

Then I decided it would be a good idea to do homework to try to distract myself. Once I got a page done I started playing my music. I put in my ear buds and just listened to the voice coming through the little pieces of plastic. Billie's voice just calms me down and makes me forget about how shitty my life is.

Finally after what seemed like hours I was done with my homework. I wasn't tired yet so I decided to just scroll through Instagram. Right before I was going to fall asleep there was a dm from the one and only Billie Eilish.

Billie: I saw your song and dang it hit me hard.

Me: Umm this is really unexpected but thanks it means a lot. I would talk more but I have to sleep because I have school tomorrow, another day in hell. <3