Chapter 8.

Lana Pov.

 I woke up to my alarm clock ringing in my ear. I must have been so tired I forgot to turn off my alarm last night I thought to myself. Since I woke up about three hours earlier than I would usual I just stayed up in my room and listened to music and read. Billie would be sleeping so I couldn't text her. Well, I hope she was sleeping because I know how messed up her sleep schedule had been recently.
After about an hour of listening to music I decided to pick up my guitar and start strumming. I haven't played it in a while so now was the perfect time to. No one, well I don't think, was home so it wouldn't bother anyone. Maybe I should write a new song today I told myself. For the first time in a long time I was actually happy. Ever since Billie and I have started to talk I was in a better mood. Even though I keep getting yelled at by my parents and my sister for it I didn't care.
I knew them, if I started to have a following, which probably will never happen, they will use me. That's just how they are. I placed my guitar gently on my bed, making sure it wouldn't break, and grabbed a pencil and my notebook I write my songs in. Usually whenever I write a song its at night but it was different today, maybe it would be a good one. It takes at least ten tries to get a good song to sing.
Ever since the sixth grade I have gotten more into music. Since sixth grade my life was shit so it was my way of dealing with everything. Over the years I would say I got a lot better, but not as good as I would like to be. Billie has been pushing me to start working on my own music again. Now I realize I missed making music. She was right it does make you happy. I just wonder how many songs she created with Finneas that never got released? (this is an actual question I would love to know the answer to ngl)