Fisherman Hoping To Catch A Robot

Fisherman hoping to catch a robot.

EHI

Iyoma was at Ehi's door early the next morning as Ehi was getting ready for work. The knock came through as Ehi slipped on her practical black bra and moved to pick up her thong.

Ehi rolled her eyes because she knew what was to come, Iyoma sulking and begging for forgiveness as usual. That girl acted like she was still a primary school girl at times.

'The door is not locked, come in' Ehi said turning to her mirror to adjust her bra straps.

Iyoma walked into the room looking like she'd spent the entire night crying. Her pallor and swollen red eyes spiked Ehi's concern immediately but she waited for Iyoma to speak first.

'Ehi I'm really sorry about last night' Iyoma started, she was standing by the corner of the room. Her back was pressed to the wall and she had a brown file in her hand.

'I'm not even that angry, I slept fine. You on the other hand, I can't say the same for you' Ehi said with her eyes settling on Iyoma's face.

Iyoma shrugged 'Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. See, I didn't mean all those things I said last night....I was just on the edge and seeing Angel's gift pushed me totally off the edge' Iyoma explained.

Ehi frowned 'Why?' Ehi asked curiously, she was little perturbed by Angel's gift because she knew men enough to know that nothing went for nothing but why the hell was Iyoma angry over the gift.

'Bisi and I are in a rough place now and I just felt worse when I saw the gift and I couldn't control my anger'  Iyoma said as if that was enough reason for her awful behavior the previous night.

Ehi looked at her in disbelief  'Let me get something straight Iyoma, you said a lot of despicable things to me last night simply because Angel got me a gift and you're pissed at the gift because Bisi your boyfriend annoyed you and hasn't gotten you any gift before?' Ehi scoffed.

'That's not what I meant, you know how I feel about Bisi and how it hurts when he pushes me away. I'm sorry I lashed out on you last night' Iyoma said.

Ehi crossed her arms beneath her breasts and shook her head at her friend. 'Yes, I know that Bisi makes you crazy but guess what? That doesn't give you the right to lash out at me. I'm your friend and not your enemy' Ehi said.

Iyoma nodded 'I'm really sorry Ehi, it won't happen again I promise' Iyoma said and Ehi was reminded of the number of promises Iyoma had broken.

'I know you've been crying over that boy and honestly what you need is a break from your toxic relationship but I know you won't listen to me so just go and sleep. You look like a wreck and you need to sleep' Ehi said.

Iyoma nodded meekly again. 'I also came here to hand you this, can you please give this to Angel for me?' Iyoma asked.

Ehi eyed the envelope 'Your CV?' she asked.

'Yes, Angel has promised to help me secure a job. I don't know how soon but I figured that if you spoke to him....maybe it would be sooner than later' Iyoma said.

Ehi nodded in agreement. 'No worries, I'll be sure to speak to him about you. Just go and sleep abeg, you look like a mess. Leave the envelope on the bed , I'll take it on my way out' Ehi said.

Iyoma relaxed visibly because she'd been afraid that Ehi would refuse. 'Thank you so much Ehi, have a great day at work' Iyoma said leaving the room.

Ehi glanced at the door after it was shut and shook her head. What was it about love that reduced people to rubbish?

Perhaps she would buy a book on how love works, that way she would know how to understand love and help Iyoma get over this Bisi obsession.