Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

No Room for Chemistry.

Iyoma was looking at the television when Ehi walked in, she knew Ehi was in the room but she deliberately decided to act oblivious.

Ehi on the other hand crossed her arms and waited for one of them to say something. Angel observed both women and rolled his eyes, women could be so petty, he mused before stepping in.

Two of them claimed that they could handle their business and he should stay out of it, and now they were both waiting for someone to speak first,

Guess, I'll need to step in and step all over their business once more.

He cleared his throat and faced Iyoma. 'Iyoma, Ehi wants to talk to us' he started. Ehi sent him a small smile and even if he was mad at her, he just had to smile back.

Iyoma picked up the remote and started to switch between channels.

What did Ehi want to talk about? Well whatever Ehi wanted to talk about, she didn't want to hear it.

'Iyoma I said...' Angel was about to repeat himself when Iyoma cut him off. 'I heard you the first time and honestly I don't think there's anything to talk about, we said it all this morning' her eyes were still on the television.

Angel sighed and waited for Ehi to defend herself, when she didn't, he stepped in again. 'Well I don't think she said it all because if she did, she wouldn't be here wanting to talk. Stop being petty and turn off the TV please' Angel asked.

'I listen with my ears and not my eyes, there's no need to turn off the television' Iyoma replied.

God, this babe was stubborn. The real definition of coconut head.

Angel walked over to her and snatched up the remote. 'Well it's a distraction, Ehi wants to speak to us. After that, you can watch whatever' he turned off the television and turned back to Ehi who was wondering when they'd gotten close.

Angel and Iyoma, had they always been like this?

'You said she wants to talk, but she hasn't said anything. Suddenly you're her mouthpiece and she's mute. Or did she padlock her mouth' Iyoma and Angel were glaring at each other now.

'Alright, that's enough Iyoma. You've made your point, you're angry. Look, I didn't come here to fight, I came here to apologize. And I'll start with you, I'm sorry about this morning. I obviously crossed the line and where I thought was I being blunt and real with you, I was being mean. I didn't mean any of that, and I might not care for Bisi but I care about you and I don't want you to get hurt. I'm sorry for the demeaning things I said about you' Ehi apologized. She looked up at Angel and saw that his expression was encouraging, Iyoma on the other hand was looking unimpressed.

'And all the demeaning things you said about my boyfriend?' Iyoma shot at her.

Ehi rolled her eyes because she was definitely not going to apologize for all the things she said about Bisi.

If she'd disliked Bisi before, their conversation in the car today had heightened it to hate. The guy was an asshole and she just wished Iyoma could see that.

'You know I'm not going to apologize about that, I don't like Bisi and I'm not taking back all the things I said about him. I don't support your relationship and I've never liked Bisi, you know that' Ehi said pointedly.

Iyoma glared at her 'I'm not asking you to support my relationship but if you truly cared about me, you'd support me at my low. I was in a bad place and you were throwing my lows in my face!'