Medication For Guilt Trips

Medication for Guilt trips.

EHI

Ehi eventually left Angel's side to use the restroom. After using the restroom, Madam E suggested she left the room to stretch her legs a little since she'd been sitting uncomfortably in one position for a while.

As she walked out of the room, she dialed Iyoma's number. 'Hey, what's up?' Ehi asked.

You what's up, what's up with Angel? How is he, was it very bad? Iyoma asked

Ehi nodded before remembering that Iyoma couldn't see her so she cleared her throat. 'Yeah, he looks terrible' she answered.

What really happened?

'We don't know yet, he's not awake to tell us the entire story. We do know that it was a robbery and they beat him up and made away with his car. His godmother said the car is being tracked now and soon they'll find the robbers' Ehi explained.

Ahhh that's really bad, this country is getting really unsafe. You mean they robbed and beat up a man in broad daylight? The police better catch and deal with those bastards. Iyoma said

'They are working on it, anyway I have to go now. Are you still coming?' Ehi asked.

Yes I'm coming but not now. I just got back from the market, had to go and get turkey. I'll see you later, text me the address. Iyoma responded.

'Okay, I have to go now' Ehi said and ended the call. She texted Iyoma the hospital's address before walking back to Angel's ward.

'.......I wasn't attacked by robbers....I was attacked by Sars....you know how they can be...' she heard Angel talking as she walked into his room.

'Hey you're awake' she said relieved.

Angel smiled 'You're here....you came...but how?' He wondered.

Madam Elizabeth clicked her tongue 'Of course she's here, you asked me to call her didn't you?' She asked sarcastically.

Angel rolled his eyes 'Did I really? You know I was under the influence of whatever I was sedated with' he argued.

'Now, now, Romeo. You asked me to get Juliet here and I did. Yet you won't even say thank you, still an ungrateful bum' Madam E huffed.

Ehi giggled at their banter before walking over to sit beside Angel. They held hands but said nothing because they were both under the scrutiny of Madam E.

'Fine, it's obvious you two don't want me here. I'm going to the police station and God help them if they don't get me the names of those thugs that did this to you.  You're in good hands I hope?' Madam E eyed Ehi who nodded.

'Alright see you later son, I'll be here with an officer to take your statement soon. Ehi, don't leave here till I get back. Don't even move an inch' she instructed before leaving the room.

Angel sighed 'I'm glad you came Ehi, you're not mad at me are you?' He asked.

Ehi rolled her eyes 'How can I be mad at you when you look like you were wrecked in a wrestling match?' She teased.

Angel's eyes crinkled 'Hey I'm a one man squad. If they weren't armed or If I wasn't respecting the fact that they were officers and it'd have been a bigger problem if I had hit them, I'd have dealt with those animals' Angel said.

Ehi smiled 'You don't have to explain yourself Angel, I'm glad you're okay' Ehi said.

'No, I feel like I owe you an apology. I promised you a seven o'clock date and I was running late but I couldn't even call you to reschedule. I thought I was going to make it latest by eight o'clock, I was about to reply your text when those officers flagged me' Angel explained.