Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The Cost of Happiness.

Iyoma arrived later in the evening with two steaming bowls of Jollof rice and fried turkey. When it came to cooking, Ehi had to admit that Iyoma was the GOAT.

It made her wonder why Iyoma wasn't interested in going into the food business. If Ehi had a good job and Iyoma showed interest in getting into the food business, Ehi didn't mind giving her money to go to catering school.

At least now that Bisi was out of the picture, Iyoma would focus on something else, something other than Bisi. But was Bisi really out of the picture? She didn't trust him one bit.
She was thinking of of  Bisi when she heard Angel compliment Iyoma's cooking.

'You're amazing Iyoma, this is so freaking good.

'Chef Chef' she teased as she took a bite of her fried turkey.

Iyoma smiled sheepishly 'You two should go easy on the compliments, a girl's head could burst' Iyoma said prompting a laugh from her friends.

'I'm happy you two are here seriously, I feel a whole lot better with you ladies here' Angel smiled at Iyoma and locked eyes with Ehi.

'I think you mean you're happy Ehi is here but it's okay I'll go with what you said' Iyoma said.

Ehi rolled her eyes and put all her attention on her food. 'Come on Iyoma, you're my friend too' Angel said.

'And Ehi is your special friend. If you could have only one visitor, I'm sure Ehi would have been your first choice' Iyoma said.

Angel looked at Ehi and smiled but she refused to look at the two of them. 'Anyway how did you get to the hospital?' Iyoma asked curiously.

Angel cleared his throat. 'Well some people had been watching and immediately the idiots zoomed off in my car and theirs, two men came to help me. They brought me here and I was still somehow conscious, so I rattled off Elizabeth's number to them' Angel replied.

'I hope someone took photos, it has to go on social media. They can't get away with it, Sars are worse than criminals. In fact, they are criminals and our government allows them to roam about, armed and oppressing innocent people' Iyoma fumed.

Ehi stared at Iyoma for a while and realized she hadn't seen this side of Iyoma for a while. Iyoma had changed a whole lot after she'd met Bisi. She hoped her friend was back for good and Bisi was out of their lives forever.

'You two really had me worried last night, Ehi didn't come home. You didn't come home, none of you called' Iyoma said. 'Then I started thinking that maybe you two had gone somewhere to do some dirty work to give me lovely god babies, only for madam here to come home and say she was working at the hotel and she hadn't heard from you' Iyoma huffed.

'Okay angry bird, chill. If it's god babies you want, it can be arranged. Just give me a few days to recover' Angel said winking at Ehi who was trying hard not to choke.

Iyoma burst out laughing 'Ehi you better drink some water, you're already turning red. You two have my blessings' Iyoma said just as a nurse walked in to administer another batch of painkillers to him. Iyoma packed up the plates and told Ehi that she was ready to leave.

'Are you leaving too?' Angel asked Ehi who shook her head. 'I have to be here till Madam E gets back' Ehi said.

Angel smiled 'I appreciate that but you look like you need some sleep. You should go with Iyoma, you can come back tomorrow morning' He suggested.

Ehi shook her head 'Madam E said I shouldn't.....' she was saying when he cut off. 'Don't worry about what Elizabeth said, just go home and rest. I'll be fine on my home, I'm a grown ass man' Angel insisted.

Ehi nodded and picked up her bag. 'Well....if you insist. I'll see you tomorrow morning then' She said  hesitantly as if giving him the opportunity to change his mind.

'Alright, alright, let's go. Angel is in good hands, this beautiful nurse here will look after our man' Iyoma rushed and pulled Ehi out of the room.

Ehi frowned at her 'You didn't even let me say goodbye properly' She said. Iyoma rolled her eyes 'You too were suffocating me with your lovey dovey eyes. What's all that about sef, Ehi are you falling in love with Angel?' Iyoma asked.

'What gave you that idea?' Ehi asked glaring at her friend. 'The way you rushed out of the house to come here when you heard he was attacked and the way you were reluctant to leave him just now' Iyoma said.

Ehi shook her head 'Angel would come through for any of us and you know that...' Ehi was saying when Iyoma gave her the look.

'That one is for someone that doesn't know you, I know you care for your friends but we both know it's more than that with Angel. So spill the tea' Iyoma said.

Ehi sighed 'Fine, Angel likes me. I like Angel and that's just it. It'll probably lead to something or it won't. Either ways, we're good friends. Satisfied?' Ehi said.

Iyoma rolled her eyes at her friend. 'Are we talking about the same Angel that drives you around?' Iyoma asked.

'Not around, only to my office and back home' Ehi argued. Iyoma hit her playfully on the arm. 'Let's not forget he hinted on  having children with you in there' Iyoma said.

'Actually, you started it. He only went along with it' Ehi said.

'Yen yen yen, very typical of you to deny your feelings for Angel' Iyoma hissed. 'I'm not denying anything for anyone' Ehi said tiredly.

'Then tell me what's up with you and Angel?' Iyoma pressed.

'Fine, I think Angel wants more than just friendship and we're heading there. He asked me to spend the next two weeks with him. We'll be going to  resort in.....' Ehi was saying when Iyoma's eyes widened and she stopped walking causing Ehi to pause also.

'What's the matter?' Ehi asked looking a little confused.

'You're going on a two weeks vacay with Angel and you're just telling me now?' Iyoma asked upset. Ehi wondered why she sounded very angry but she didn't comment on it.

'He asked me today, it's not like I'm keeping secrets or anything' Ehi said a little irritated.

But you are keeping very dirty secrets.

Her irritation died as she heard the tiny voice in her head. She had no right to be angry at Iyoma for anything not after what she'd done.

'I haven't even said yes' Ehi continued hoping that would appease Iyoma but Iyoma still looked upset.

'Don't tell me you were thinking of accepting, that you were going to leave me home alone and go on a love trip with our neighbor' Iyoma glared at her friend.

Ehi was taken aback at her tone but decided to ignore it, 'Well.....' she was saying when Iyoma cut her off.

'Well nothing. If you leave me alone in the house, I'll go back to Bisi and grovel till he takes me back. You better stay home and keep me in check' Iyoma hissed and walked away.

Ehi didn't move for a few seconds, she didn't want Iyoma to go back to Bisi. Not after what she'd done with him.

She didn't have to think about her decision twice, she couldn't go anywhere with Angel. As a matter of fact, she didn't mind sacrificing her happiness everyday, if it meant keeping Bisi out of their lives forever.