The Angel A Couple Doors Away.

The  Angel A Couple Doors Away

An hour after Ehi had left the house, Iyoma still laid on the bed and tried to digest everything Ehi had said to her. Why did they feel, yes, they. Ehi and Angel, why did they feel that Bisi had used her?

He hadn't used her, that wasn't the way it felt to her. She was in love with Bisi and she had been in a relationship with him, why did it matter that she bought him gifts, did his chores, and so many other things?

You see there was something called a love language, didn't they know about that? Her own way of showing Bisi that she loved him was taking care of him and dedicating all her time and attention to him, the act of service.

Oh yeah? A snide voice in her head that sounded a hell lot like Ehi remarked.

And what was Bisi's love language, what was his own way of showing it?

She frowned and stopped her train of thought. Did it matter if Bisi had loved her? Yes it mattered to her but it didn't change the fact that she was happy with him.

And for her that was everything, in a relationship the woman's happiness matters the most and she was happy.

Had been happy.....

Even if Bisi hadn't said those three precious words, she'd been happy. Isn't happiness the most important thing in the world?

No it isn't dummy.

She closed her eyes and sighed. What did Ehi know about how love worked anyway?
Her own relationship hadn't worked out and she still wasn't over her ex.

As for Angel, Mr romantic driver. After all the romantic and cheesy things he'd done for Ehi, she still wouldn't date him. For her that was enough proof that love wasn't the foundation of solid relationships, and even if Angel took Ehi on dates to all the romantic places in Lagos, bought all sorts of gifts for her, they still wouldn't have a perfect relationship. They didn't even have a relationship.

The nerve of those people, she thought. Imagine helping your neighbors to put out a fire when your own house is also on fire.

How dare they give her relationship advice, when they can't even make whatever the fuck that is going on between them work?

Imagine.

She and Bisi had been together for four years, they'd had their ups and downs and yeah maybe Bisi didn't love her but her love had been enough for those four years.

Ehi should be taking advice on how to keep a man from her and not the other way round.

Bisi would come back to her, it was only a matter of time anyway.

As for that cheque, well she would take Angel's advice and invest in something profitable, then she pay Ehi every penny she owed.

Ehi would not harass her over money again, she was done with that nonsense.

Speaking of the cheque and investment, she decided to call Angel. They had to talk about it and make their moves already.

She dialed his number and he picked after the fourth ring.

Iyoma. His voice was groggy, like he just woke up from sleep.

'Mhmm, mister, you decided to take your sweet time didn't you?' she asked as she played with the hem of her t-shirt.

You just woke me up, this better be good.

'Sorry about that. I'm calling because we still haven't talked about last night, can you come over please?' she asked.