Pretty Baby Girl With Ugly Secrets

Pretty Baby Girl With Ugly  Secrets

'So where am I dropping you off? Angel asked. 'The oriental hotel darling' Iyoma beamed because she was in higher spirits, I mean, who wouldn't after getting awoof money?

'Shit' Angel took a sharp breath and turned to Iyoma who was looking at him concerned. 'What is it?' Iyoma asked. 'Ehi, she said she'd meet us at the mall' He responded.

'Yeah, I'll just text her now. She could join us here later or whatever' Iyoma shrugged. 'I just don't want her to feel....' Angel was saying when Iyoma cut him off.

'Trust me she won't feel anything' she paused and looked at him thoughtfully, 'Angel?'

'Yeah?' He looked over at her and looked back at the road. 'Now would be a good time to discuss this' She sighed, 'You need to move on. You're a great guy and Ehi knows that too, as a matter of fact she knows she's missing out on a whole lot for turning you down. But trust me it's not about you. I think it's more complicated than that' Iyoma said.

Angel sighed 'Complicated like she has commitment and trust issues, her ex must have been a bloody fool'

Iyoma looked the other way, so Angel wouldn't see the guilt that came up in her eyes whenever discussions about Ehi's ex came up.

Why was she still feeling guilty after so many years?

Because you..... her subconscious was trying to reply her when Angel nudged her.

'Huh, what's that weird look on your face?' Angel asked. Iyoma cleared her throat and smiled. 'Yeah....he was a big idiot'

'What exactly happened between them?'

Are you going to tell him the whole truth?

Iyoma shook her head as if responding to the sarcastic voice inside her head. 'Um, they'd been dating for a while. They finally got engaged and a few days to the wedding, we threw a party for Ehi. Our other friends and I wanted to do something before the big day. Ehi made a dress for the occasion but the designer had delivered it to her fiancé's house and we went to pick it up before the party. Boom, her colleague from work was naked on his bed and he walked in a few minutes later, they were both trying to deny everything but Ehi wasn't having that. She broke up with him immediately. It was on a Friday and by Sunday we'd booked tickets to come to Lagos' Iyoma sighed.

'And Ehi just upped and left like that, wow!' Angel smiled.

Iyoma shrugged 'I mean they were going to relocate to Abuja after they got married and I already planned to come to Lagos after their wedding. I convinced her to come with me and everything worked just fine'

For you......

'And he hasn't contacted her or even you after that?' Angel asked.

'No' she ducked her head as the lie left her mouth. 'We actually changed our numbers when we moved. Only Ehi's mum and siblings have our contacts and Ehi has threatened never to speak to them if they dare give her contact to anyone' Iyoma said.

Thank God for that, because the day Ehi and Daniel finally have that conversation.....

She cleared her throat 'Enough about Ehi and her ex. Let's talk about you' She said.

'What about me? I'm an open book' Angel said easily.

'Nahhh mister, you're very mysterious. I don't know anything about you and Ehi doesn't either, besides when are you going to tell us the truth?' Iyoma asked.

'What truth?' Angel asked. 'The truth....about Elizabeth being your sugar mummy' Iyoma smirked as if she'd cracked a code.

Angel laughed 'You're joking right?' he asked and looked at her incredulously when he discovered she wasn't.