1. First encounter

I wish you a pleasant time when reading this journey about Matt, Hux and (Y/n).
Usually reading books is (for me) an escape of the real world, so I thought, maybe I could return others the favour by writing one of my own. I hope you'll enjoy!
Even though the book is finished, you're always allowed to vote and comment. I love interaction with my readers and always try to use their feedback!
And if you happen to like this story, don't forget to check out my Stranger Things fic as well!
Welp, I have taken enough of your time let's begin shall we?
(Ps, all the comments before the rewriting are misplaced, so if you'd like to add a comment to fill up the gaps, please be my guest.)
———

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I am quite aware we need someone to go undercover, but isn't it a wiser decision to choose someone who is more... subtle?" Hux tried to convince Kylo Ren, but it had little result.
"Are you implying that I am not subtle, General Hux?" Kylo tried to sound as calm as possible, which he partly failed.
Hux straightened his composure. "Well, sir, we are familiar with your little... anger problems."
  Kylo stepped closer to Hux, his masked face just centimeters apart from Hux's. "I am doing it, or are you questioning my methods, General?"
Hux almost stuttered, "of course not, sir."
Kylo turned around and walked towards the door. "I already thought so."

When Kylo left the room Hux dropped himself on the couch, located in the corner of his office. The door opened again, luckily to Hux's satisfaction, it wasn't Ren.
"I finished the blueprints as you requested." Silence fell as the one who had entered noticed the General's current state. "Are you alright, sir?"
Hux looked at the woman. "Just Ren with his usual tantrums." He waved the topic away with a motion of his hand.
The woman handed him the blueprints and Hux looked at it, after a while he added his signature in approval. "Good work as always, (Y/n). You're dismissed."
She send a nod in his direction before leaving his office.

A few days later...

(Y/n) POV
Poor General. It's busy enough as we are finishing Star Killer base and Ren isn't really helping. I had just heard about Ren's latest tantrum, I was on my way to fix whatever he had destroyed. Again.
I walked through the long metal halls, watching as several technicians were still working on the base. I had achieved a higher rank than them, after having proven myself worthy.
In my spare time I helped the KRCC, Kylo Ren Cleaning Crew. They hadn't exactly told me what was broken, but when I opened the door I knew what was; everything.
I could see the tracks his lightsaber had left in the wall, several computers were broken, or rather destroyed. A sigh escaped. Violence and technology had never been the ideal match.
After hours of work, welding and replacing computers, I allowed myself to stop. I looked at the result. The room looked as if nothing had happened. I looked at the holo-watch around my wrist, dinner time was almost over.
I hurried to the canteen.

When I opened the door, the last stormtroopers left, going back on patrol. I was left alone with my tray with food. I took place at one of the metal tables and ate my soup. When I looked over my spoon, I saw someone quickly hide behind the corner of the doorway.
"Hey? Who are you?" I set my spoon down and walked towards the door. As I reached it, someone came in and I bumped into him or her. I had to tilt my head slightly in order to see the face of the one I bumped into.
He was a tall man with blond, curly hair, and a pair of glasses. His features were a bit intense, with a slightly crooked aquiline nose, thick dark brows, and deep-set eyes. His appearance commanded my interest.
  He quickly stepped back.
I had seen this man before, when he was working on one of the energy cables, which didn't went well.
I held out my hand. "My name's (Y/n). Nice to make your acquaintance."
  He took my hand, a firm grip. "Hi, I'm Matt. I'm a radar technician."
  I turned around and walked back to my eating spot. "Care to join me, Matt?" I tried out his name.
  Matt shook his head, "unfortunately I can't, I have business to attend to... Maybe later?"
  I was slightly confused, what important business could a radar technician have? It was already past working time anyway.
  "Okay."
  I finished my soup, but Matt hadn't left yet. He was just standing there, awkwardly.
  "Is there anything on your mind?" I asked him.
  It seemed I had pulled him out of his thoughts, "I-I was just thinking, maybe you have time tomorrow during dinner?"
  I looked at my holo-watch and checked my schedule. "Yes, tomorrow will do. Goodnight Matt." I patted his shoulder before walking past him, leaving the canteen.
  "Goodnight." I heard him mumble.