29. Escape

I woke up, feeling something metal against the back of my head. When I looked down, I saw old-fashioned ropes around my body. I was tied up against someone else, our wrists and waists bound together.
  I tried to turn my head, but all I could see was the shape of a black figure. I remembered what happened: I gave the intruders the chance to overpower us, and now I was tied up against Kylo Ren.
  Aight, this is how I die. When Kylo wakes up, he will be furious and he will end my life. I felt him move. Goodbye dear world.
  Kylo seemed to try to bring his hands up to his head, which resulted into me getting my arms pulled back since they were bound against each other.
  I heard a robotic sigh after he stopped trying.
  "I'm so sorry Master Ren. It's all my fault, I should not have interfered with something that was none of my business." I tried to lighten his possible anger.
  I couldn't hear if he was angry with me or not. "We both made mistakes. We will pretend it never happened, let the past be the past. Now, we need to get out and see what damage has been done."
  I thanked the gods for Kylo's solution and decision not to kill me.
  "Of course, whatever you wish Master Ren," I tried not to sound too thankful. 
  "You can stop with the 'Master,' I won't kill you," he said as if it was the most normal case in the world.
  I highly doubted if Kylo was so non-tantrumish towards his other employees.
  "Could you use your Force powers to break us out?" I motioned the ropes and the door of the small room we were in, which seemed to be some kind of broom closet.
  "I most definitely can," Kylo said, with confidence in his powers.
  I waited, but nothing happened.
  "Ehm? Are you, like... trying?"
  "Yes, I'm trying! Do you think I like to be stuck in a broom closet?!" Kylo started to lose his patience due to the fact that his powers didn't want to work. The powers he had been counting on for as long as he could remember.
  "Does he think he can hold me, like some kind of beast?!" Kylo started to make a lot of movements, trying to break the ropes. Which was impossible.
  I felt him getting more and more frustrated. "What's wrong, Kylo?" I asked as calmly as possible. Perhaps if I pretended not to be stressed by the situation at hand, he'd copy my behaviour.
  "I can't use the Force..." Kylo stopped moving.
  "There must be an explanation..." I looked at the floor. My eye caught the glimmering of some kind of weird dust...
"Maybe this has anything to do with it?" I gestured the crystal-like dust.
  "Of course... Solo used kyberdust. This immobilises my powers for as long as I'm in this room."
  They wanted to keep him in here as long as possible... why? To have a head-start? Or because they didn't want to hurt him...
  I looked at the lock of the door, I recognised the model as a standard First Order one. "I might be able to unlock the door by hacking it, but I need to get there first," I explained to him.
  Before I knew it, Kylo tried to stand up, only to immediately fall again. "Too unbalanced..." he mumbled.
  I understood what he meant. "We need to stand up at the same time, so we'll have to work together."
  I'm not afraid of Kylo Ren, I had seen him act normal and less brooding, but I do get unnerved by his temper. He's sometimes incapable of controlling his emotions, I had learned.
  I didn't know if Kylo agreed to the plan, and there was only one way to find out. I slowly tried to raise up from the ground... I felt Kylo do the same.
  We almost stood up straight when I dropped again, because my arms kept moving from side to side. "Sorry, my arms weren't balanced enough," I mumbled.
  To my surprise, Kylo carefully took my hands with his, and held my arms steady in the right position.
  We tried again, and this time it worked.
  "A little closer..." I mumbled as we walked towards the lock. "...stop."
  It was hard, since my arms were tied against Kylo's, to open the panel of the lock, but I was able to do it. There were several wires visible, I managed to connect the right ones. It was similar to robbing a vehicle.
  The door opened.
  Kylo quickly dragged me outside, where he blasted the ropes away with raw, unrestrained power.
  I rubbed my free wrists.
  Kylo seemed to be his contained self again, having finally left the small 'cage.'

  I ignored the fainted stormtroopers as I headed towards the surveillance cameras.
  I cringed while I rewatched the tape.
  After we were knocked out, Kylo was carried in the Wookiee's arms and I in Han's, they took us to the small closet.
  I couldn't exactly see what happened inside the closet, but I did notice a glimpse of Han stroking Kylo's helmeted head, just before he left the room.
  It felt weird to watch something so private, and how carefully Han and Chewie had carried us... It also stood out to me that they didn't take anything extra after they had locked us up.
  Kylo entered the room and I quickly stepped back from the panel.
  "And?"
  "They left right after they locked us up, they didn't take anything extra." I hastily left the room when noticing Kylo was going to watch the tapes, I didn't want to be there when he saw it.

  I stayed outside the room, I had to wait for orders.
  A loud blow emitted from the control room, Kylo had punched the wall.
  I didn't know if it was because of anger or sorrow.