10. The Ac(c)ident

Kylo Ren furiously entered the ship's lounge.
Hux was sipping on a drink that wasn't just innocent water. "Finally back I se-."
But Hux's moment of peace was interrupted.
"How did you dare take her to this planet, unarmed?! She could have died!"
Hux waved his hand, testing his rival. "Next time she'll get a blaster or something." He placed his drink down and straightened his posture.
Ren's jaw twitched.
"You appear to be distracted. What is the cause of your concern, Ren? Do you care about the girl..."
Kylo's hand turned into a fist and Hux's glass shattered against the wall. "I. Do. Not. Care. About. Anyone. Am I making myself clear, General?"
Hux glanced irritatedly at his now ruined glass and spilled drink. "But of course Commander, my mistake. You don't care about anyone..." Without looking away from the massacre on the floor, he grinned viciously.
"Which gives her no reason to care about you..." Hux had a devilish look of conquer on his face as Kylo stormed off to who knows where.

(Y/n) POV
It was the next day after we had arrived on Star Killer base.
The nursing droid had helped me to get to my room, where I stayed the rest of the day.
But now I was feeling better and could walk again, they discharged me from the infirmary.
Currently walking through the halls of Star Killer, not having a set goal in mind, I hoped to find Matt. Too much in thought, I didn't notice I nearly bumped into someone.
"Hey watch your ste- oh it's you. You saved me from Matt." Karen.
"Yea, it's me. Sorry I bumped into you. Speaking of him, do you know where Matt is?"
Karen nodded dramatically. "Yes, I know where he is, but why would you even want to know? That man is a disaster when it comes to engineering."
I tried to sound as nonchalant as possible. "I need to inspect him. You know, because he needs some help."
Karen snorted. "He sure does need it, and I'm not only speaking about his job as a radar technician. Ah-ah." She waved with her hand, kinda bitchy.
I felt my blood cook, I haven't known Matt for long, but he's one of my only friends.
"He isn't crazy. He's just... clumsy."
Karen didn't notice my deathly calm tone. "Whatever you say (Y/n). He's in hall 749, you'll notice him when you're there. Imma out."
I rolled my eyes out of frustration as I walk towards hall 749. When I entered the right hall, once I got there after 10 minutes, I saw Matt.

Matt was lying on his back on a mobile scaffold, close to the ceiling he was working on.
I couldn't quite see what exactly he was doing, it was too high for me to see. "Hey Matt!"
That's where it went wrong, I should have known better than to distract Matt while he was working.
It turned out that Matt was busy fixing a leaking oil cable, acid oil.
As Matt tried to look at me, he didn't hold his anti-leak tool right, with as a result that a few drips of the acid oil dropped on his chest. Experiencing a sudden pain, he flinched and fell of the scaffold.
I ran towards the now on the ground lying Matt, whose hands were on the place the acid had hit him. "I am so sorry Matt. I shouldn't have distracted you. Please let me help you."
I clenched my jaw as I removed his hands from the injury on his chest. I couldn't really see the wound as the oil had burned a hole in the uniform, which created a disheveled mess, but I could tell it was bad.
"It doesn't matter (Y/n) I'm fine," Matt mumbled, while trying to hide the pain.
I shook my head. "You're certainly not fine. You don't always need to keep up the strong face."
I took a jar of healing ointment from my (emergency)pocket. "I need to remove your upper outfit."
Matt just nodded in approval as but down his lips in an attempt to repress the stinging sensation.
Oh gods I have never seen anyone disregard their pain like this.
I took his orange technician kit off and removed his outfit. I was very surprised when I saw that he had an 8-pack, but I quickly ignored it. I opened the lid of the jar and took some ointment on my fingers.
Matt clenched his jaw as I carefully anointed his wound, it hurt.
I kept anointing until Matt calmed down. The ointment paralysed the wound and eased the pain.
"Do you think you can walk?"
  Matt answered in a short nod.
I helped him up and placed my arm underneath his shoulder and behind his back.
Matt tried to walk on his own as much as possible, but damn he was heavy. His muscled chest found a way into my mind's eye. "Lets get you to the infirmary."
My side stung, probably ripped some stitches.
Matt shook his head. "No. No, I don't want to go there."
I frowned as I didn't understand for whatever reason he didn't want to go to the infirmary. "Okay, then I'll take you to my chamber. I have a medical pack there. It should be enough to patch you up for now."
It took some time to bring the heavy Matt, who was still shirtless, to my chamber.
Luckily we didn't encounter anyone on our way there, oh gods that would have looked so wrong.
I carefully helped him to sit down on my bed. I walked towards one of my cabinets and took a medical pack out of it and sat next to Matt.
He kept gazing at my face as I took care of his wound.
First I injected a medicine to make sure the acid oil wouldn't have a side effect and make Matt ill. Then I cleaned the wound with a clean towel and some water. At last I bandaged his chest.
Sweat covered my forehead once I finally finished the procedure.
Matt's hand went to my face, he gently wiped the drops away, his palm resting on my temple as he caressed my cheek.
I 'allowed' myself to look at his torso.
"Do you like what you see?" Matt chuckled chivalrously.
I blushed and looked away in an instant.
"What will happen with the oil leak?" Matt changed the subject.
"It's likely that someone has already send a notification to the technicians, they'll fix it. Don't worry about it."
I stood up. "Try to get some rest. I'll get you a new set of clothes."
I looked back one last time before closing the door behind me.
What am I doing...