42. Supreme Leader Snoke

Supreme Leader Snoke, to be honest, I expected more. Yes, he was like two meters tall, but he also looked rather fragile. In a weird kind of way. He had a heavily scarred face with piercing, blue eyes... So unnatural, it gave me shivers.
  I kneeled in front of him, while he was seated in his throne. "What is it you desire, Supreme Leader?"
  Snoke rose up from his throne, circling around me. I felt this odd feeling of exposure. His eyes burned holes wherever he looked, as if invading the walls of my mind. "So you are our Head Technician, (Y/n)." Snoke said my name as if he had to taste it on his tongue, trying to hear what's so special about it. "The one who brought so much... insurrection." He ceased his pacing, standing still in front of me.
I kept looking at the floor.
I almost jumped as the Leader placed his large hand underneath my chin, forcing me to look at him. "My apprentice seems to be very keen on you. Perhaps you are not a tool... but more of a pawn."
  Thanks, I guess.
"You should be grateful indeed, this secures your position."
With what common sense did I think the Supreme Leader, master of the dark side of the Force, could not read my mind?
"What do you mean, secure my position?"
I really have to learn to keep my mouth shut.
Snoke's laugh sounded more like the last breaths of a dying man than actual sounds of joy. "It doesn't matter, child. I would see your thoughts nonetheless. You might just as wel speak your mind."
It felt scary, not being able to have the slightest amount of privacy.
"Do not be alarmed, there is nothing for you to fear. You have proven yourself worthy, and useful." Snoke let go of my chin and used the Force to make me stand up from my kneeled position, not allowing me to move a muscle.
The power Snoke held, one who looked so fragile, I now knew not to underestimate the means the Force can give.
The Supreme Leader turned around, gazing at his dark throne. "I already told my apprentice about his similarities with Vader. Not just the blood flowing through his veins, no not only that... You are playing a part in his path to the dark side." He seemed absent as he spoke, was he thinking about the past? Or the future?
  I honestly had no idea how to respond, this was far beyond my league. Plus, why would I, in the Supreme Leader's name, be important in Kylo's life? And what would that 'bond' have to do with Vader?
  Suddenly Snoke turned around, thoughts no longer elsewhere. "Now, go, child, fulfill your destiny. Your next mission awaits. One for you, to undergo alone."
I heard the doors open behind me.
I was no longer under the hold of Snoke's Force, I made a sharp turn and walked back to the entrance.
The one who had entered was none other than Kylo Ren. "Supreme Leader, (Y/n) won't go on a mission alone. She-."
I couldn't see Snoke, but I knew he had silenced Kylo.
I didn't know what to think of Kylo's words. Did he really stand up to the Leader like that? For me?
I sent a thankful glance in Kylo's way before leaving the throne room.

The ship was already ready to go. The only ones on board were me and the pilot.
First I'd be transferred to a different ship, and then they'd bring me to a place where all of the First Order's Head Technicians would converse with each other, exchanging their ideas.
But the only one I wanted to speak with was Matt. Poorly, I had been forced to leave immediately.

It was a silent flight, the pilot hadn't said a single word.
A small cruiser entered my view as I looked out of the window. The pilot locked his ship with the cruiser.
The door opened, a stormtrooper took me to the lounge and left me alone.
I got bored quite fast and decided to investigate. Okay, maybe my curiosity would grow into a serious problem one day.
It was a standard cruiser, everything was made out of metal, as per usual.
I opened the door to the cockpit. I could see the backs of the heads of the two pilots. One of them was gray haired, and the other one was... brown and furry?
Wait, why were they so tall? Their hair didn't look human-like, more similar to the one of a beast.
As the furry pilot turned his head I recognised him, Chewbacca. He growled to the other pilot, whom could be no one else but Han, covered in the armour of a stormtrooper.

Not again.