8. Old friend

"First I'll have to visit general Hux, I want to explicitly thank him for promoting me."
"Hmm, of course whatever you want."

Before I knocked on the door I turned to Matt. "Could you stay outside? It won't take long."
Matt only nodded as I knocked on the door.
"Ah, (Y/n). Come in."
I was shocked when I saw his blueish eye. I followed Hux into his office.
He sat down on the edge of his desk. "What is the reason of your visit? Shouldn't you be enjoying your day off?"
"I just wanted to thank you, General, for my promotion. It means a lot to me. I don't think I would have been able to build a life like this without you and the First Order. I'm glad you trust me with the task of making the Order grow, and that while I get to do what I like."
Hux waved the compliment away. "As I told you, those who work hard and are loyal are ought to be rewarded."
Despite his effort to sound emotionless, a rebellious sparkle gleamed in his eyes.
"Of course, General." I made a small bow.
"Please, call me Hux, and the bowing is unnecessary."
I straightened my composure, feeling flattered. A sensation of pride built up in my chest. "Of course Gene- Hux."
With pride came worry as well.
"Might I ask what happened to your eye? You'll need ice for that."
Hux snorted. "A certain someone wasn't content with my unexpected speech yesterday. And no, I'm not in the need for ice. There is no time for a visit to the infirmary."
I suppressed the 'irrational', little voice in the back of my head as I thought of what might have happened to Hux.
"Of course you'll need ice for that, otherwise it will only get worse." I walked towards his desk and opened a hidden drawer underneath it.
"There's always time to care. You just have to look."
I took an ice pack out of the drawer.
"I didn't even know it was there," Hux said, astonishment leaking through.
"I designed it. I know my creations when I see them." I handed him the ice pack, he held it against his blue eye.
Hux wanted to say something, but was interrupted by his holopad. As he looked at it, he started to frown.
"What's wrong?" I asked him politely.
"New orders from Supreme Leader Snoke. He wants to fasten up the process. I am sorry to inform you this, but your day off has ended. We need to go on our mission two days earlier, in other words, today."
I was very disappointed, I really wanted to spend the morning with Matt and possibly gain a normal friendship.
"As you wish, sir." I couldn't helpt it, being easily on edge. I left his office before I got dismissed.

To my surprise, Matt was gone.
"Where has he gone, now I can't tell him that I have to go..." I mumbled to myself.
The door of the General's office opened.
"Are you prepared to go? We are ought to leave immediately."
I nodded. "Yes, let's just go." I tried to hide my disappointment, which I had already partly failed.
It graced Hux that he didn't comment on it.

I sat in a seat in the lounge of the ship that was transporting us. It wasn't the Order's biggest ship, but certainly not a small one.
  Hux stood next to the pilot as we flied through the galaxy.
  "May I ask where we are going?" I asked him, not sure if he would answer. Both because of my position and my regrettable behaviour from earlier.
  "You may, we are going to Corellia." Hux didn't meet my eye.
  All the colour was drained from my face, I was stressed. No worse, I was afraid. From all places, this was the last place I wanted to hear. I'd rather jump into a rancor pit.
  The whole way to Corellia I didn't say a word and didn't move a muscle. Maybe if is sat still enough they'd forget about me.
  I half listened to what Hux told me, the reason of our visit to Corellia. It was something about stopping an uprising from a certain rebel base.
  I squeezed the armrest of my seat as we landed, we're here.
  "Are you alright?" Hux shook my shoulder, pulling me from the wave of bad memories. "You seem pale."
  "Yes, yes, sorry. I just don't like landing,"I made up.
  Hux helped me up by holding out his hand. "I understand, you'll get used to it."
  I wish Matt was here... I wanted to turn back time and hide myself in his strong embrace.
  The knot in my stomach only got bigger and bigger as the door of the ship opened.
  Stormtroopers marched outside and took their position.
  I followed behind Hux as someone joined us, Kylo Ren. I eavesdropped them.
  "Are you ready, Ren? Anyone who refuses or disobeys us needs to be removed properly."
  Ren nodded and activated his lightsaber. "Everyone will have to answer to the First Order. Only then we can achieve a disciplined, faultless and united galaxy."
  I kept looking around, searching for any familiar faces, which I hoped I wouldn't encounter.
  We were just a short hundred meter away from the ship when it happened.
  Blaster shots were all around us, I felt their heat and hoped I wouldn't get hit.
  As I didn't have anything to defend myself with, I hid behind some trees. But I wasn't the first one to hide there.
  "Ah, (Y/n). Long time no see, good thing you're back again. Especially right now, right here, on the line of fire."
  I looked at the familiar face of one of my old "bullies".
  "Still a slave of the First Order I see." He pointed a blaster at me, I started to recoil until we were on an open field.
  I looked around but didn't see anyone from the First Order.
  "You're no one without your demonic friends, hm?"
  I knew I had to keep calm, but my pride was hurt. I shook my head, speaking in a calm but dangerous tone. "You couldn't be further from the truth. I have more brain cells than all of your rebel friends, and way more discipline. You think that what you're doing is right, but you were the ones to bully me when I was younger. And then you call the First Order demons, while we just want to bring order and peace to the galaxy. All of you, nothing more than some unorganised pigs."
  Should not have said that, should not have said that!
  "Well, for someone with so many brain cells... you say dumb things. You will pay for your deeds and words." He smirked, shooting as he yelled, "LONG LIVE THE RESISTAN-." He didn't get to finish his sentence as he wasn't able to breathe anymore and started to rise up in the air.
  But I didn't pay any attention to it, I was shot, in my side. I felt myself feeling weaker and weaker as I lost a lot of blood.
  A blur started to well up, the sound of the blaster shot still raging through my ears.
  The last thing I felt were two strong, comforting arms picking me up before everything turned black.